Author Topic: incorrect Hits count  (Read 2548 times)

rug07

• View Profile
incorrect Hits count
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:11:05 AM »
hi

I just completed a tournament and early in the game a player knocked out 2 players at the same time.  But his 2 hits were not registered!  How can I manually change the players hits to increase it by 2

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:04:44 PM by rug07 »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: incorrect Hits count
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 12:59:40 PM »
on the players tab, double click the player. Under the "status" section, put "1" in for hits adjustment.

EDIT: Similarly, if it had too many, you can put "-1" in the same section for incorrect hits.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 01:48:15 PM »
What do you mean by "not registered"?  Magic_fubu's answer will work, but there could be a larger problem.  Did you bust the players out without indicating a hitman?  If so, you can fix this by editing the players who busted out, and then editing their bust-out and selecting the proper hitman.

rug07

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
i thought i did put a hitman in for the 2 knockouts but the tournament summary shows no hit man.   Just states    "Mike was busted out from tournament"    

Plus this was a re=buy Tournament  so these 2 players who busted out early   re-bought.  will this make a diference?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:09:35 PM by rug07 »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »
This *should* not make a difference. Technically, on a rebuy, the player busts out, giving a point to the hitman, and then the player rebuys, to get back into the tournament. So someone who rebuys usually be busted out twice, unless they win and/or has rebought multiple times
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

rug07

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:02:06 AM »
Thanks magic

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 10:02:37 AM »
And if you want to make sure everything is technically correct, you should do my suggestion and edit the bust-outs of those players and set the appropriate hitman.  If you edit the player on the Players tab, you should see the bust-out in the "Tournament History" section of the "Edit Game Player" dialog.  Double-click the bust-out to edit it, and set the appropriate hitman.  This will correct the hits.

Also note that the Tournament History (from the Game tab - not to be confused with the "Tournament History" section of the "Edit Game Player" dialog described above), is like a "log" of events that occur.  When you make this change, you may see new entries in the history, but the original event that said "Mike was busted out from tournament" will also still be there.  To see a more concise tournament history, look at the Action Summary on the Summary tab.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
This *should* not make a difference. Technically, on a rebuy, the player busts out, giving a point to the hitman, and then the player rebuys, to get back into the tournament. So someone who rebuys usually be busted out twice, unless they win and/or has rebought multiple times

Bit confusing that.

Do you mean, a player that is taken out and rebuys has no hit man, he has not been eliminated.
If he rebuys then is knocked out then that hit man will count.

It's a while since we played rebuys, but from memory any points or monies for a hit only count when you actually knock
them out of the tourney, not when they rebuy.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
Macacan, here's how I see it, which may or may not be the "correct" way at looking at it:

Let's say we're playing a rebuy tourney. I go all in, and you call me, and bust my quads with a royal (yeah, i know i'm being brutal, but have lost this way once). Since you have more than me in chips, you've knocked me out. Now, I have the option of whether or not I want to rebuy into the tournament. I would think that either way, you would get the acknowledgment of my KO. Now lets say I do take that option, and later on, say at the final table, you bust me out again. You would then have technically KOed me from the tournament twice, although only the most recent would show up in standings.
---

rug07

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 07:14:14 PM »
Ok     This is all sorted

I checked the 2 players history for this tournament ( from players tab)  and it shows them busted out the first time (with no hit man)  and  further down the list it shows them busted out a second time (after the rebuy)  with a hit man. (all correct).  I am able to edit the line for both players where it shows no hit man and choose the correct hitman.

cheers all

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
glad to hear you've got it working. Even us "pros" run into issues from time to time and learn something new... also happy i was able to assist :)

Cheers!
Mike
---

Jacksonmelkor

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 09:03:23 AM »
Thanks for the info! Was having the same problem and this helped a lot.