Author Topic: Giving Back, My Points System  (Read 4687 times)

Andy_Mc

• View Profile
Giving Back, My Points System
« on: October 04, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »
After hours of searching around the forum and figuring out how to put my formula together I just thought I'd share what I came up with:

Points for playing:      (n+1-r)+if(r=3,round(n/5,0))+if(r=2,round(n/2,0))+if(r=1,n)+nh
Tournament scoring:  Points
Overal Scoring: sum   (top (10, scores))

This scoring system gives:
 - Points for finshing place and added bonus for placing both based on the number of players in the tournament
 - A point for each hit
 - The tournament scoring and overall scoring take the scores from your top ten tournaments

I've been running a league with around twenty people for the last three years. We play once a month and used to play two tournaments per session (long nights). We have now moved to playing one tournament followed by a cash game. This points system has been set-up to make our mid-table more competative with still retaining a definite advantage to winning. The overal scoring has been used so that it does not penalise those who miss a couple of game (Got this from the forum)

Thanks all

Andrew

plysser

• View Profile
Re: Giving Back, My Points System
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 04:33:27 AM »
Hello!!!

I'm totally new to the tournament director...
Where do you put the Tournament Score-formula and the overall score-formula in the system?

Nice point system by the way.

/Plysser

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »
In the stats tab there is a button on the left hand side that says "filter".

Click on filter and you will see the place for tournament and overall score formulas

SSSOP

• www.sssop.com
    • View Profile
    • www.sssop.com
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
Thanks!
the "Snake"
SSSOP Tournament Director