Author Topic: Live league table  (Read 1718 times)

BrackleyPoker

• View Profile
Live league table
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:10:52 AM »
Hi guys, is there anyway of getting a live league table to display during games?

I've made a custom profile so we can just refresh the stats at the end of the game to get the latest standings, but would be great if we could have a screen (say every 15 minutes) flick up with the latest league standings.

Cheers

Mike.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Live league table
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:54:24 AM »
To my knowledge, there is no direct way to update in the middle of a game using TD. There may be a way with the auto-export to a website, and then pulling the information from the website to show on the screen (I have zero experience doing something like that). In order for TD to include it with the stats, the tournament has to be completed - one winner. However, as the tournament is going, you can pull up the in game stats and see how they are doing, but just for that game.

I don't recall if asking for something like you are has been asked in the past, certainly not recently. On the status update option that may or may not work, I do know that you would need to have internet to push the information to the site as well as pulling from the site.

Hope this helps you out some!

Mike
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

BrackleyPoker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:01:35 AM »
That certainly makes sense, but just thought there might be a way of doing it within the software. Some of the houses we play in don't have decent web connection, so would like to avoid that method if possible.

I've searched the forum top to bottom to find a solution but didn't get very far.

Thanks for the reply though, hugely appreciate it.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
You're welcome Mike!

Corey, the live updating that Mike is asking for is something I've had people of my league ask me about too, during the tournament. I don't know if others are interested, but similar to Mike, we don't have internet at all at our location. How feasable would it be to implement something like this?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »
There's an item on my to-do list to add another built-in screen to display the Stats (whatever is currently displayed on the Stats tab).

In version 3, there is the "Status Updates" feature (on the Preferences tab) that can send results to a file or URL (website).  It's undocumented at the moment, but that wouldn't prevent someone ambitious enough to give it a go from making it work.  Of course, this is for the currently running tournament only.  It doesn't make a lot of sense for the general Stats (or league standings, whatever you call it) since they wouldn't change until the running tournament completes.

BrackleyPoker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 03:05:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply Corey. I shall look forward to future versions!  ;)