Author Topic: Bonus Dealer  (Read 1022 times)

Pakled

• View Profile
Bonus Dealer
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:49:58 AM »
Here's an odd question. In our league we usually have two tables per tournament. We always ask for volunteers to be players/dealers. That affords the rest of the players the chance to concentrate on their game and really speeds our tournaments up because everything seems to run a bit smoother with only one dealer. However, the one downside to this is the player who deals is at a slight disadvantage by having to split their attention between dealing and playing in each hand. So my question is this:

Has anyone ever thought of a way to give some bonus points to a player based on them being a designated dealer? I just think it would be a nice thank you to reward the players willing to do this for the rest of us.
Pakled - We look for things...

Karpro

• View Profile
Re: Bonus Dealer
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
We rotate the deal so that each player ends up with the same distraction/inconveinence.  Maybe you should take $1 from everyone elses buy-in and put it towards the designated dealers buy-in.

verbalvolley

• View Profile
Re: Bonus Dealer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 03:32:05 PM »
Hi if you want to give a special prize you can do it via the "prizes" tab and select "new prize" when window pops up select "manual" under the "recipient" if you have the prizes displayed on your Tourney screen and you want to advertise the "dealer prize"  write in a title under the display part click the box to show on screen.
Check the "lock this prize" so it becomes an extra prize.
Under "Amount" details select "non monetary" and name the prize, then in "points box" enter the value of points you wish to give.
In the "override" section click the "award to player" check box and then select the player from the drop down box.
Click apply and then ok the prize is now set, hope i havent forgotten anything screenshot attached with highlights showing what i changed to get the prize awarded.

We used to take it in turns to deal until the first player was out then he took over until the next player was eliminated and it the was there turn and so on..........
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:36:36 PM by verbalvolley »