Author Topic: Player Stats Tab on a Screen  (Read 2379 times)

Pakled

• View Profile
Player Stats Tab on a Screen
« on: August 18, 2008, 07:58:18 PM »
Has anyone created a Screen to display the player Stats in the same way a seating chart or the main tournament screen is displayed? It would be nice to have this as part of my rotation as to avoid the "What rank am I?" question 50 times a night.
Pakled - We look for things...

T-Bone

• View Profile
Re: Player Stats Tab on a Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:28:30 AM »
You can actually do this by exporting your stats as HTML. What I did was go to the Rules tab, select one of the tokens (I used Rule 3) and set it up for HTML with that file as the source. I then created a cell called Standings, inserted the Rule 3 token and have that cell display during my pre-game layout. I only wish there was an easy way to change the "look" of the exported output. Different colors, BG, etc. Hope this helps.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Pakled

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 11:38:02 PM »
Do you need to export the file each time you want to update the information or does it update it automatically?

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:52:42 AM »
You would need to export each time.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Pakled

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »
Ok. I've got my export but what I did notice is that when I put my token in a cell the only cell property that seems to affect the display is the font style property. Font size, foreground color, etc seem to have no affect. I have edited the html file which displays fine in explorer but looses all formating in tournament director. I would be happy with the blue background style display that explorer displays but I'm not sure how to get tournament director to accept the file's formatting. Any ideas?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:56:25 PM »
The CSS classes used in the HTML file are ignored when placed directly in the layout.  That's just the way IE works.  So you would have to embed styles directly in each element, rather than using CSS classes:

In other words, instead of:

Code: [Select]
<style>
    .statsTable
    {
      border: 2px solid #000000;
      padding: 8px;
      background-color: #ffffff;
      color: #000000;
      font-family: Tahoma;
      font-size: 10pt;
    }
</style>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" class="statsTable">

You'll have to do:

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border: 2px solid #000000; padding: 8px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000; font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt;>
You could try using an <iframe> element to work around this.

<iframe src="PATH_TO_YOUR_HTML_FILE"></iframe>
You may have to add some height and width attributes (or styles) to the <iframe> element to get it to the size you want.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535258(VS.85).aspx