Author Topic: template loading  (Read 1820 times)

AFroats13

• View Profile
template loading
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:09:02 PM »
When you load a tournament, does it load all the templates associated with that tournament when you saved it?  For example, I want to have a different When you load a tournament, does it load all the templates associated with that tournament when you saved it?  For example, I want to have a different payout schedules and blinds based on number of players.  If when I save a tournament named “Less than 20 players”, I have the blinds schedule named “Less than 20 players” and a payout schedule named “Less than 20 players” loaded, will the blind and payout format be saved with the tournament, effectively reduce the number of loads from 3 to 1?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: template loading
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »
Yes, when you load a template, a copy of the information in the template is loaded into your tournament.  The tournament does not retain a "link" to that template file.  If it did, and you later deleted that template file, when you loaded the tournament there would be either an error because it could not find the template file, or the part of the tournament that the template defined (the rounds, for example) would be blank.  That is not the case.  All tournament information is saved within the tournament file.

AFroats13

• View Profile
Re: template loading
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 02:42:23 PM »
Thank you very much!