Author Topic: Font color wont change  (Read 6171 times)

brianb10

• View Profile
Font color wont change
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »
I am sure there is something basic I am overlooking, but I cannot seem to change the font color on my layout.  I go into the settings and change it and it changes on the preview but click apply and nothing changes on the scree.  All my text is black even though I have it a different color when you bring up the cell properties info.  Any ideas?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Font color wont change
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
Some cells have multiple conditions that may cause it to display certain ways under certain conditions. Off the top of my head, here are a few: Odd round, Even round, Limit Even round, Limit Odd round, break, pre-game, and default. Make sure that you have it set up for EACH way that's listed.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Are you using version 2 or version 3?

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »
Are you using version 2 or version 3?

version 3

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
As Magic_fubu noted, there are different property sets for each cell that will determine how the cell looks at different times in the tournament.  Make sure you make your change in all property sets.

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 11:44:43 AM »
I guess I am not understanding.  I don't have any of the use global settings checked.  The way the text is on the screen does not even match what shows when I look at the property sets.  What does not make sense is that I am looking at the settings and the text is one color but on the game screen all my text is black.  The font does not even match what I have selected in the cells.  I can change it from bold to regular and that change reflects along with font size but I cannot change the font or the text color.  I would like all my text to be white but that is not working out for me.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »
Each cell has multiple Property Sets.  When you edit a cell, the Property Sets are listed on the left side of the dialog.  There will always be a "Default" Property Set listed, but you can add additional Property Sets.  The Property Sets each have their own copy of the properties for the cell, such as font, text color, background color, etc.  The Property Sets are distinguished from one another by their Conditions, which specify to the program when the Property Set should be used.  For example, if you look at the Rebuys cell for the default layout, you'll see it has 3 Property Sets: "Rebuys Not Allowed", "Even Rounds", and "Default".  If you select the "Rebuys Not Allowed" Property Set, and then press the "Conditions" button, you'll see the conditions are specified such rebuys are not allowed.  This means when rebuys are not allowed in the tournament, this Property Set will be selected for displaying the cell.  If rebuys ARE allowed, the next Property Set's conditions are checked (Even Rounds).  If they match the current tournament conditions, the Property Set is selected for displaying the cell.  If they do not match, the "Default" Property Set will be used.

You need to make sure in the cell you are editing that you are editing the correct Property Set for the current conditions, IF the cell has multiple Property Sets.  If it does NOT have multiple Property Sets then it should have ONLY the "Default" Property Set.  If this is the case and editing the properties has no noticeable affect on the visible screen, then there's another issue and we can try to diagnose it from there.

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »
Each cell has multiple Property Sets.  When you edit a cell, the Property Sets are listed on the left side of the dialog.  There will always be a "Default" Property Set listed, but you can add additional Property Sets.  The Property Sets each have their own copy of the properties for the cell, such as font, text color, background color, etc.  The Property Sets are distinguished from one another by their Conditions, which specify to the program when the Property Set should be used.  For example, if you look at the Rebuys cell for the default layout, you'll see it has 3 Property Sets: "Rebuys Not Allowed", "Even Rounds", and "Default".  If you select the "Rebuys Not Allowed" Property Set, and then press the "Conditions" button, you'll see the conditions are specified such rebuys are not allowed.  This means when rebuys are not allowed in the tournament, this Property Set will be selected for displaying the cell.  If rebuys ARE allowed, the next Property Set's conditions are checked (Even Rounds).  If they match the current tournament conditions, the Property Set is selected for displaying the cell.  If they do not match, the "Default" Property Set will be used.

You need to make sure in the cell you are editing that you are editing the correct Property Set for the current conditions, IF the cell has multiple Property Sets.  If it does NOT have multiple Property Sets then it should have ONLY the "Default" Property Set.  If this is the case and editing the properties has no noticeable affect on the visible screen, then there's another issue and we can try to diagnose it from there.

Thanks Corey.  I know I am probably not giving you a lot to go on so I appreciate you trying.  I believe that it is the latter.  For example I am trying to edit the title cell.  When I edit it, the only property set is default.  The use global property set checkbox is unchecked.  Any changes I make to font (except size and bold/italic, those will change on the game screen) are reflected on the setting screen but not on the game screen.  This includes font, color, and background color.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
Any way you can provide a screen shot showing the Edit Cell dialog and the relevant part of the Game window showing the Title cell?

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 10:19:27 PM »
Here you go.  Hope you can see them.

Options is the changes I've made, settings shows the change and game screen shows how it is still black arial font.

Hope seeing this sheds some light on things.  I am sure it is something silly on my part but for the life of me can't see it.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »
Brian - I'm going to PM you my email address - why don't you send me the file, and I'll take a look at it and fix it? Once fixed, I'll send it back and let you know what I did to get it fixed.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 08:12:06 AM »
Brian - I'm going to PM you my email address - why don't you send me the file, and I'll take a look at it and fix it? Once fixed, I'll send it back and let you know what I did to get it fixed.

Thank you Magic!  e-mail sent.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »
Received, and working on it. Will send back and edit this post once I have it sent.
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 08:55:09 AM »
Question - do you want all the text to be black, or just the title?
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 10:20:28 AM »
Brian, I think you're editing the wrong screen.  The screen displayed on the Game window doesn't really look much like the one you're editing.  Notice, for starters, most of the cells on the layout tab are green and yellow, but nothing on the Game window is green and yellow (of course, with a background image the cell background colors and borders would be turned off, but the yellow text color should show).  Also, just looking at the left side of the Game window, it shows what are most likely cells for Rounds, Entries, Players, Rebuys, Add-ons, Chip Count, Average Stack, and Pot, but on the Layout tab we only see cells on the left side of the screen for Round and Logo.  Use the "Screen" select list at the top of the Layout tab to switch screens.  If you close the Settings window so the Game window is the only window displayed, and then press the Tab key, a small plaque will display the currently selected Screen Set and Screen.  You can also use the keys 1 through 9 to select a particular screen and "lock" it so the Game window won't switch automatically to another screen (you can use Ctrl+L to lock/unlock the screen, too, but pressing a number key switches to a screen and locks it automatically).