Author Topic: Prize Pool Token?  (Read 2175 times)

hawklight

• View Profile
Prize Pool Token?
« on: July 02, 2006, 11:20:11 AM »
Hi - Just started evaluating TD - so far very impressed. I am a current user of Poker Tournament Manager, but TD seems much more flexible.

Quick question though - can you show the prize pool total rather than the pot total (that is, the prizes total value in the options bit of the prizes tab)? I can see a token for pot, and also tokens to list the prizes - but I can't see one that gives the value of the totals prizes.

I ask as we do run tourneys and there are some expenses incurred which we cover by taking 5% of the pot (some food for the break basically). Using TD it seems that to cater for that we just set up prizes that add up to 95% of the pot and ensure that "share left overs" is off for all places. That should leave 5% in the kitty for us to pay off the expenses. However, I want the 95% total given not the 100% value.

Can that be done?

Thanks in advance.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Prize Pool Token?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 04:42:34 PM »
Seems to me you're raking the pot.  So why not put the 5% in the "Fixed rake" field?  You'll have to calculate the 5% total yourself...  Or, simply rake 5% of the buy-in.  I'm sure you know what the buy-in cost will be, so simply make the per-player rake 5% of that (and for rebuys and add-ons, if your tournament has them).  That way, the <pot> token will reflect what is actually in the prize pool.

hawklight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:40:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply

Yep - you are right - we are raking the pot but prefer to rake it on a percentage basis. And yes we could work out a fixed price based on a percentage - however, how does that allow me to show the prizes total (in other words the total pot less the rake)?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 11:20:54 AM »
The pot IS the total money taken in less the rake.  So, if your buy-in is $100 (to make this easy), make your Per-player rake $5.  With 100 players, you'll have a pot of $9500 ($10000 minus $5 x 100)

hawklight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 12:55:17 PM »
Right, gottit

As you say, your example off 100 and 5 makes it easy - we can do it this way but it is a pain cos it doesnt always work out that easy or straightforward - would be dead cool if you could include (at some point) the option of a house rake that is a choice between a percentage or fixed amount (like poker tournament manager does now).

The other alternative I have come up with is to make my prizes add up to 90% - it just means i cant differentiate between pot and prize total

:)