Author Topic: RFID Mifare 1K and TD  (Read 9295 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RFID Mifare 1K and TD
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
... which could be the problem, I honestly don't know.  The TD can't "read data from the keyboard", it can only respond to specific events that Internet Explorer generates.  Namely "key pressed", "key up", and "key down".  How Windows translates your card reader's "SendKeys" to IE's events is a mystery to me.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
... which could be the problem, I honestly don't know.  The TD can't "read data from the keyboard", it can only respond to specific events that Internet Explorer generates.  Namely "key pressed", "key up", and "key down".  How Windows translates your card reader's "SendKeys" to IE's events is a mystery to me.
Ok, but if I set for example the hotkey "CTRL+SHIFT+P" in the card reader software, which is the "IE’s Private Browsing Mode", when I insert the card, IE opens the window.
It's doesn't work for the layout of the TD.
Why, if it's IE based?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 01:47:33 PM »
I don't know.  IE clearly gets the key event.  Maybe it's not forwarding it on to the currently loaded page?  Seriously, I don't know.

Web pages (and the TD, which is related), can register for key events on different parts of the page.  Whether or not the press of an actual key results in an event depends on which part of the page has focus.  Events filter "up", so parts of the page that contain other parts of the page will also "receive" those events.  For example, take an HTML <table> that contains a button.  When the button is clicked (other event types work the same way as key events), the button will receive an event, and so will the table in which it is contained.  The TD listens for events at the top-most level, so that key events that happen anywhere on the page will be received.  So, while I guess it's possible that "focus" has something to do with it, it shouldn't since the TD should get all events.  Or, as I mentioned before, perhaps only the "key pressed" event is being generated by "SendKeys", but the TD relies on the "key down" event.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »
I tried sending keys to the TD using a simple Windows script that utilizes the SendKeys method.  It seemed to work fine for me.  I sent "^a" (^ is SendKeys shorthand for the Ctrl key) and the Add Players to Tournament dialog pops open.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:53 AM »
I tried sending keys to the TD using a simple Windows script that utilizes the SendKeys method.  It seemed to work fine for me.  I sent "^a" (^ is SendKeys shorthand for the Ctrl key) and the Add Players to Tournament dialog pops open.
Can you please send me the script so I can send it to the devs?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »
I've PM'd the script to you.

One other thing that occurred to me: I've received a few (maybe 3) reports of hotkeys not working until the user clicks the mouse button in the Game window.  The Game window appears to otherwise have focus, but for some reason it doesn't respond to hotkeys until clicked.  Someone just reported they have to right-click in the Game window first.  No idea what might be happening, but it might be something for you to try.  If I recall correctly, past hotkey issues like this turned out to be 3rd party software of one form or another (malicious or not), and were cleared up by removing software or re-installing Windows.

If hotkeys work for you, but just not when initiated via the scanner then this may not be the same issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »
Just a guess, but do you have the "Suppress Windows screen saver" preference enabled?

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
Just a guess, but do you have the "Suppress Windows screen saver" preference enabled?
No I had it disabled.
Now I enabled it, and I will test it this evening with the scanner.
Thank you for the script Corey

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
Don't enable it.  If it were enabled, it's possible it could explain the issue.  There's actually a slight bug, well, more of an unintended side-effect, in that when the screen saver suppressor activates the TD's window, it activates the hidden window that runs the clock instead of the main Game window.  It still has the intended effect of suppressing the Windows screen saver, but when this happens hotkeys will appear to be broken because the Game window has lost focus (so Windows is sending your keystrokes to a different window).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »
Once again just a thought, but perhaps it's related to this: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4374.0

It's kind of a long shot, but I guess you never know.

virtual930

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
Linker_Split
Have you tried running the  ACR122 RW software in admin mode?

I use a bar code scanner and AutoHotkey to enter in and bust players. It worked fine on my XP machine, but on my win 7 & 8 machines it would not work until I ran AutoHotkey in admin mode.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 04:20:59 AM »
Linker_Split
Have you tried running the  ACR122 RW software in admin mode?

I use a bar code scanner and AutoHotkey to enter in and bust players. It worked fine on my XP machine, but on my win 7 & 8 machines it would not work until I ran AutoHotkey in admin mode.

I will try it, thank you!

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 09:55:58 AM »
BIG NEWS:
it works!

I opened the ACR122u software in admin mode... and now it works...
very big thank you!
Now it seems it recognizes only numbers as hotkey, so I set 0 as "add player".

If I have other problem Ill PM you Corey!
Thank you again virtual930 for pointing me the "admin mode" thing

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 07:18:55 PM »
Of all the times that I've had issues with programs, every time I've been told "admin mode". Never worked for me... lol... Glad to hear that you've got it working with it though!
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!