Author Topic: 10 person, simple point formula required  (Read 1721 times)

Muddguts

• View Profile
10 person, simple point formula required
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:54 AM »
short on time, here it is....

New to TDD.

10 players playing in an 8 game league.
No, re-buys, no add-ons, no bounties.
No prizes after each game. Strictly winning points

Need a simple formula for awarding and tracking the points.

New to TDD, awaiting my register code. Would love a little hand holding at the moment because the league starts tonight and I don't have a lot of time to mess around. Nice eh? lol  Step by step perhaps? :-)

Does TTD come with a formula already?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM by Muddguts »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: 10 person, simple point formula required
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:06:16 AM »
On the sample tournament that comes with TD, it comes with n-r+1 (or n+r-1?) but there are some very sophisticated formulas, many of which you can find on posts in this forum.  Do you have an idea of how you'd like the points to be awarded, or how big of a gap from 1st to 2nd or something like that?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Muddguts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
On the sample tournament that comes with TD, it comes with n-r+1 (or n+r-1?) but there are some very sophisticated formulas, many of which you can find on posts in this forum.  Do you have an idea of how you'd like the points to be awarded, or how big of a gap from 1st to 2nd or something like that?

the sample is the 10, 9, 8, 7...system correct?  I would like the race to be close. It's a short, 8 game season, so I don't want some players to be completely out of the running after two games. At the same time, I don't want someone who's sitting in 8th be able to win it all if he wins the final game lol

I'll have a look throughout this forum and see if there is a formula that will fit into what I am doing.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:55:09 PM »
Yes, that is what the sample does. Since you want it to be close, that is probably the best way to go about it if you want to stick to whole numbers.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!