Author Topic: Accidentally saves as .csv file  (Read 1327 times)

selkane

• View Profile
Accidentally saves as .csv file
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »
Hello,

I just got done running a 24 player tournament that is the first in a series of tournaments. Points were awarded to every player that was in this one according to how they finished and those points will go toward their season total.  Problem is, I just got home and went to load the tournament again but apparently I saved it as a .csv file instead of a .tdt file.  I don't know if there is a way to load the file into TD again, but if there is, could you please tell me how? Otherwise, is there a way to find the sections easily as far as who was in it, what place they finished, and who busted them out? I would be willing to sit and re-enter the entire tournament manually if that's what I have to do but there are thousands of cells to looks through in the .csv file in order to find this information. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Sean

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Accidentally saves as .csv file
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 10:20:32 PM »
Let's first figure out how you saved the tournament.  The TD software will always prompt you to save your tournament before you exit the program, load another tournament, or create a new tournament.  If you simply gave the filename a .csv suffix, that's not a problem - it still saved it in the software's internal format.

To truly get it in .csv format, you would have had to "Export" the tournament or players.  Even if you did, the program would still have prompted you to save the tournament when you exited because "exporting" the tournament is not the same as "saving" the tournament, as far as the software is concerned.  So, unless you were prompted when you exited the program and said "no" to saving the tournament, you're probably OK.  Did you say "no" to the "The tournament has been modified.  Would you like to save the changes?" prompt?

selkane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:49:13 PM »
I believe I did say no to the prompt. Obviously my mistake. Not even sure why, as I've been using the software for years and should have known better.

selkane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:59:31 PM »
Just figured out my problem. I went to load the game and simply had to click on the "All files" in the file type drop down options. There was my tournament, in a .csv extension. It wasn't showing up previously because I was only looking under .tdt extensions.

Thank you for your reply Corey and keep up the great work!
Sean