Author Topic: Return to Tournament  (Read 1572 times)

CEPinilis

• View Profile
Return to Tournament
« on: February 20, 2012, 10:00:59 AM »
Good morning all.  I'm new to TD and this forum.  I've been working on my main screen by combining code from the various samples included with the product to get the look and feel I want.  However, I find I'm stumped on one issue.  Specifically, I have buttons on the bottom of my main screen that perform defined functions (ie - add player(s), balance tables, etc).  Two of the buttons open the "Seating Chart" and "Player Movement" screens.  When these screens are opened the only way to close them is with the "esc" key and when I do that it takes me back to the TD Main (Design) Screen not the Tournament.  If I go into "Layout" then "Screen Controls" then "Properties" it appears I can add code to the footer of both of these screens which could ostensibly add an "OK" button to the bottom of the screen which, when selected, would close the screen and return to the Tournament screen.  Am I right?  If so, does anyone have the code to share?  If not, is there a solution to my problem and if so, what is it?  Thanks in advance.  Carl - Haymarket, Virginia.   

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Return to Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »
What I do is to add a button to my screens that links to the other two screens that I use. You can also push 1 to get back to the main screen quickly. This works with all the screens - if you look at the layout, you'l notice a number in front of the screen name, you can hit the corresponding number to switch to that screen.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

CEPinilis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts.  I'm trying to make this idiot proof so I don't always have to be the one who jumps up from the table.  I could hit the 1 as suggested or shout to someone else but if there was a button and if they can read then anyone could do the needful.  So, since i'm only slightly computer literate, I still need the code to paste into the footer so that the screen(s) has a button which when pushed closes the screen and returns to the tournament window. 

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:34:08 PM »
Code: [Select]
<tdbutton type="SelectScreen" modifier="1" text="Main" inheritFont="false" link="true">
This is what you can copy and paste for a button to go back to the main screen. Couple of things to note: On the layout, make sure that the main screen is listed as '1'. If it's not, make the modifier be the same number as the screen number. The 'text' you can change to suit your needs. Just make sure that you keep the quotes - this will be what displays on the screen. Do you want it to look like a button? If so, change the link="true" to link="false".
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

CEPinilis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:53:44 AM »
Thanks Magic.  Can't wait to get home this evening and give it a try. 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »
F2 is the key you want in this case.

When you use a button on your layout to switch to one of the built-in screens, you are effectively moving the software "off" of the Tournament screen and "on" to one of the built-in screens.  This is a little bit confusing since the built-in screens can be displayed as part of screen rotation, but internally there is a real distinction between the Tournament screen and the 4 built-in screens (Player Rankings, Seating Chart, Blinds Schedule, and Player Movement).

Unfortunately the built-in screens don't process layout tokens, so you can't place a <tdbutton> on a built-in screen.  So once you use a <tdbutton> or a hotkey to move to the Player Rankings screen (for example), there's no way to get "back" to the Tournament screen with using a hotkey or a context-menu option.

CEPinilis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:20:10 AM »
Thanks CC and Magic.  After reading your posts I decided the simplest (and maybe only) thing to do was to add text (Press f2 to return to Tournament) to the bottom of the screen(s) - not automation but certainly a help to me and/or the other players.  Carl   

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 10:21:39 AM »
The seating chart you can put on a New Screen,  <seatingchart format="diagram" columns="4"> just add a button to get there and a button to get back to Main.   The Players Movement screen we just use the (Unbalanced Table ) Player Movement dialog screen that pop-up, so know need to go too that screen for us.