Author Topic: Keyboard not responding at times  (Read 1821 times)

Double Eagle

• View Profile
Keyboard not responding at times
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:07:48 PM »
During the last two tournaments while running TD, I have had an issue where the keys on my keyboard were at times non-responsive while TD was running.  I first noticed it when I could not pause the tournament with the space bar.  Esc didn't work either.  It was like there were two layers in a graphic, and TD was the back layer.

However, if moved the cursor with the mouse pad and input a left click, TD would then respond to keyboard inputs.

Any ideas what's going on?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Keyboard not responding at times
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »
Sounds to me that something caused TD to not be the window in focus. I've actually had this happen when I was connected to a projector on extended mode, and doing other things on the one screen while the TD screens showed on the other.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
That's exactly what I was going to suggest.

Note that there is a preference to suppress the Windows screen saver.  This is done by simulating a key press and optionally bringing the TD application into focus.  You might consider enabling this if it is not already enabled.  That might minimize this issue for you.  On the other hand, I still consider it an "experimental" feature (although it seems to work just fine), but there's always the possibility it is already enabled and could be causing the problem.  Just something to check out.

Double Eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:42:33 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

I had checked "Suppress Windows screensaver" so I unchecked it.  I will be running a tournament on Saturday so I will see how it goes.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:19 AM »
I used to have this issue, and had to click on the settings screen to bring control back to TD, as it was no longer the 'active' window on my desktop.

I changed the screen saver options to:

Enable Screen Saver <Unchecked>

Suppress Windows Screen Saver <Checked>
  Bring TD into focus first <Unchecked>
  Simulate a keypress every <280 Seconds>

That works well for me, ensuring the laptop does not go onto standby mode when not plugged in etc and keeps TD at the front, especially with Windows 7.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Double Eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:56:18 AM »
I unchecked the "Suppress Windows screensaver" box and had no further issues while running a 8 hour tournament yesterday.