Author Topic: Some simple event help please  (Read 976 times)

whirlers

• View Profile
Some simple event help please
« on: May 23, 2011, 07:10:54 PM »
Hiya

I am currently setting up TD with a few events & sounds and i want the "break start" sound to kick in 5 secs from the end of round 5 and the "break end" sound to kick in 10 secs at the end of the 15 min break. What do i enter into the conditions to make these work please

If you need anymore info let me know
Cheers
Whirlers

whirlers

• View Profile
Re: Some simple event help please
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
Also i want to use the sound file for tournament start but the sound is 21 secs long, so by the time it says shuffle up & deal the clock has already ran in 21 secs. Can i set the game to start at the end of the sound file ??

Cheers

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
Using 2.6b5, makes this a lot easier an simplified

Break Start Sound

Trigger: The Clock Ticks
Conditions:
(nextIsRound = 0) and (secondsLeft = 5) and (isRound) and (state = 2)
Actions: Play sound, "Break Start"

Break End Sound

Trigger:The Clock Ticks
Conditions:
(state = 2) and (not isRound) and (secondsLeft = 10)
Actions: Play Sound "Break End"

For your tournament start sound, youcan achieve this by having it fire during a countdown, but would you really want it to behave in this manner?  For example "Shuffle Up & Deal" is a manually operated sound, which is played on my system when I want it to play, and not any other method.  I usually play the announce start soundfile then start the clock once its ran through

Regards
Stuart

Stuart Murray

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:06:09 PM »
Cheers Stuart

I sorted the first part of my break sounds out, but your solution fixed my 2nd part a treat.
I know what you mean about the shuffle up & deal, i just like to be seated when the tournament is running so i thought i might be able to automate it from the off.
Not to worry, i'll just have it overlap into the start of the tournament by a few secs...no biggie