Author Topic: Cash Games with Bounties, Add-Ons and ReBuys  (Read 3938 times)

chrisbgky

• View Profile
Cash Games with Bounties, Add-Ons and ReBuys
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »
I am about to begin running a cash game where the Bounty chip costs $5, Buy-in is $30 with $5 going to the "HOUSE", Rebuys are $30 with $10 going to the "HOUSE", and Add-ons $20 with $10 going to the "HOUSE". If a player that purchased a Bounty chip busts and did not knock anyone else out can only purchase the Rebuy chip amount. Is there a way in setting on the table screen who purchased a bounty chip as well as when entering players with option of rather they purchased a Bounty chip or not. Needing to set it up to where the "HOUSE" gets paid the correct amount.  We also have a cash game which the blinds are always $1&$2, NO LIMIT. Players can buy in with any $ amount they want. The players play a $10 "HOUSE" fee which covers the food, drinks, and to pay for the cost of the building fees, etc.

The first game pays out 60% & 40% - the cost which goes to the "HOUSE". How can I make this formula work so that we do not over/under pay our players.

Please Help.

Bounty Question: Is there a way that.... EX: 20 players buy-in. 10 of them do not purchase a bounty chip. To show on the table layout who has purchased a bounty chip and also if they didn't then knowing before we bring chips over after a player which did not purchase a bounty chip gets "BUSTED"?

Thanks.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Cash Games with Bounties, Add-Ons and ReBuys
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:49:19 PM »
I cannot speak to the bounty, but as far as reporting what the house should get, I believe that's what the "rake" would be used for, if I'm not mistaken. As far as bounty chips go (and this is purely based upon all the posts I've seen since getting TD), I do not believe there to be a way to track that.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

chrisbgky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 11:43:43 AM »
Thank you for the response.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:11:10 PM »
Any time we have a bounty game, we use bounty chips.
If you buy one then you have one at the table, you knock anyone out
then you win that bounty, cash them in after the game.
If you have not got a bounty chip then you can not win one.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:55:52 PM »
I am about to begin running a cash game where the Bounty chip costs $5, Buy-in is $30 with $5 going to the "HOUSE", Rebuys are $30 with $10 going to the "HOUSE", and Add-ons $20 with $10 going to the "HOUSE". If a player that purchased a Bounty chip busts and did not knock anyone else out can only purchase the Rebuy chip amount. Is there a way in setting on the table screen who purchased a bounty chip

There's no way on the Seating Chart screen to differentiate who has purchased a bounty chip from who has not.

as well as when entering players with option of rather they purchased a Bounty chip or not.

Not sure what this means.  However, the Rebuy and Add-on dialogs do display how many rebuys and add-ons each player has purchased, but they do not show anything about bounty chips.

Needing to set it up to where the "HOUSE" gets paid the correct amount.  We also have a cash game which the blinds are always $1&$2, NO LIMIT. Players can buy in with any $ amount they want. The players play a $10 "HOUSE" fee which covers the food, drinks, and to pay for the cost of the building fees, etc.

Magic_fubu has this right - you should use the Rake to collect house fees, or any other types of fees.  You can create your own rakes on the Preferences tab.

The first game pays out 60% & 40% - the cost which goes to the "HOUSE". How can I make this formula work so that we do not over/under pay our players.

Please Help.

Should be pretty straightforward.  Set the buy-in amount to $30, the rake amount to $5, and the bounty chip amount to $5.  That would mean $5 is raked for the "HOUSE", $25 goes into the pot, and $5 is set aside for the bounty chip.  Total of $35 due from the player (the buy-in dialog will display this for you).

Bounty Question: Is there a way that.... EX: 20 players buy-in. 10 of them do not purchase a bounty chip. To show on the table layout who has purchased a bounty chip and also if they didn't then knowing before we bring chips over after a player which did not purchase a bounty chip gets "BUSTED"?

Thanks.

Sorry, again no.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 12:05:47 AM »
Thanks Corey for the confirmation that I'm understanding some things right... Makes me feel better and more in tune with the program!  Chris, hope all of us have been able to help you out some.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

chrisbgky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 08:33:04 AM »
Thank you guys. Sorry for the delay in responsding. All of the posts were very helpful.

We are starting another night up and I've ran into a problem which may take a LONG time to fix unless there is a quick fix to this.

I have a total of 5 Tournaments. Nearly all players play at all 5 events. At first I was putting players in by the tournament name. I later saw were it will keep track of their winnings and loss amounts. How can I bring all my players records into one database without rerunning every single game?

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
if it is the same player names duplicated in the database you will have to merge all the names onto one database name.

Goto your database first off, if you have Chris W for example 4 times delete 3 of them do that for all the players in your database until you have 1 of each player.

Now load each tournament, goto the players tab right click on his name and then click edit.  you will see a merge option, click it then click the Chris W on the list.  For each tournament players who need to be merged into your database should appear in italics indicating they are not in the database.

In future use the ADD PLAYER which adds an existing database player to your tournament, you should use NEW PLAYER when it is a new player to your tournaments.

Best Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

chrisbgky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »
Is there a way to delete all the players from a league at once?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »
At the moment (and after some putzing around with 2.6.b2) it would appear that you would have to delete them one by one. I know I've got about 20-25% of my database I need to purge out due to inactivity.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 03:39:16 PM »
Beta 3 will have a feature to delete multiple players from the database at once.

chrisbgky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:08:18 PM »
I downloaded the beta 2.6b and would lock up and also was unable to get the extended displays work

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 10:37:30 AM »
Can you be more specific?

chrisbgky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:50 AM »
Corey or other contributors:

Would anyone know the formula to allow a cell in a certain area *area doesn't matter where* to being able to take the number of players remaining in the game divided by the amount of the pot. alot of times our players get to the last 5 and want to split. In most cases instead of having to calculate with weird numbers being able to quickly display what an even split pot would be.

Example:  $5 buy-in, Unlimited $5 Rebuys in first hour, $5 add-on. 30 players x $5 = $150 + 40 rebuys x $5 = $200 + 20 add-ons x $5 = $100; grand total pot of: $450. many times say 5 people remaining they want to know that $450 / 5 players = $90 each.

If anyone could assist please reply.

thank you,

Chris

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:29 AM »
You won't be able to do this until version 2.6  Version 2.6 has a token <expression> which allows you to put in a formula and display the results on the screen.  It also has a token <evenchop> which is "The amount of money (from prizes) each player would receive if the remaining players were to evenly chop the remaining prizes."