Author Topic: Formula  (Read 1033 times)

dniezby

• View Profile
Formula
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »
Well Corey, rather than rack my brain trying to figure it out I figure I'll ask for you assistance.

I would like to use a linear points system.

I'll use 1point as my basis to make it easy.

Every player that shows up get's a point.  Then the entire point system is based on attendance.

EG: 10 players

1st Place - 10 points
2st Place - 9 points
3rd Place - 8 points
etc...

Now, as a bonus I'd like the system to assign additional points to the top 8 players of the game.  I haven't figured out a number for that bonus yet.  (open to opinions here). Let's say 500 points per game.  250 for first and divide the rest between the last 7.   In what amounts? I haven't thought of anything yet but you should get the idea.

I do want a HUGE difference in points between first and the rest of the payouts.  This way, players (as I've tested) fight for the extra points.

Thanks in advance...again.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Formula
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
Well Corey, rather than rack my brain trying to figure it out I figure I'll ask for you assistance.

I would like to use a linear points system.

EG: 10 players

1st Place - 10 points
2st Place - 9 points
3rd Place - 8 points
etc...

Sounds like you've got the basic n-r+1 going for you.

I'll use 1point as my basis to make it easy.

Every player that shows up get's a point.  Then the entire point system is based on attendance.
So everyone that shows up gets's an additional point? if so, you could put a '1' in the points for buy in box, from the game tab. (It's how I go about awarding the point.)

Now, as a bonus I'd like the system to assign additional points to the top 8 players of the game.  I haven't figured out a number for that bonus yet.  (open to opinions here). Let's say 500 points per game.  250 for first and divide the rest between the last 7.   In what amounts? I haven't thought of anything yet but you should get the idea.

I do want a HUGE difference in points between first and the rest of the payouts.  This way, players (as I've tested) fight for the extra points.
Do you want these points to be static, or are they also based upon attendance? If static, you could add them on like this:
n-r+1+switch(r, 1, 250, 2, 125, 3, 50, 4, 30, 5, 19, 6, 13, 7, 9, 8, 4). This could be one way to reward the top two as opposed the rest of the players. Should you decide to go with something else for your points structure, just take out the 250, 125, 50, etc., and replace them with your own values.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

dniezby

• View Profile
Re: Formula
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »
Sorry for the delayed response. Worked all day yesterday.

I have been using this software for at least two years and I still don't understand the formula system...I thank my lucky stars for it...but don't get it.  I'm glad Corey and other do though.

I will put this in and test it today. Thanks.