Author Topic: File saving  (Read 2297 times)

Bean_D

• View Profile
File saving
« on: January 24, 2009, 07:46:46 AM »
Several times latelly, there has been problems with the file saving in our tourneys. When I am not there to do the saving myself, someone else has been instructed in detail how to do it.
even though i am a teacher, I seem to lack skills in the didactics department, as older files has been overwritten several times now. It is a b***h trying to recapitulate how that game went.

Is there a way to make TD (or windows) automaticly save the TD files in write-protected mode?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: File saving
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
There isn't.  But why don't you, at the start of each new tournament, use Windows Explorer to set all of your saved tournaments "read-only"?  You can select all of the files in a folder, right-click and select "Properties".  Then just check the "Read only" checkbox.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »
just a suggestion:

if you find that you use the same tournaments over and over without changing blinds and chips and stuff then you can save that tournament as a default tournament... Go to the preferences tab and select the Config Files control on the left hand side... the first couple options is use the internal, blank tournament or use tournament file... select use tournament file and put your tournament file you have made without any players in it yet... now everytime you open TD it will open this tournament... when you select autosave it will ask you what you want to call it... now as long as the players don't call it as an existing tournament then you are good... I use the day's date for saving all my files, easy to find and sort as well as being unique (unless you are running more than one tournament a day, then you are hooped and have to find a better way =)

Bean_D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 06:50:41 AM »
There isn't.  But why don't you, at the start of each new tournament, use Windows Explorer to set all of your saved tournaments "read-only"?  You can select all of the files in a folder, right-click and select "Properties".  Then just check the "Read only" checkbox.

The problem is that I already have done that, but the new files (we play 3 games per night) are not write-protected. The first game is saved by date such as 20090126 1,
the seccond is 20090126 2 and so on. When I am busted out early in the third game, I go home and leave my computer at my friend's. If you press "save as", the previous named file appears at the top of the list in Windows and if you then forget to change 20090126 2 to a "3", game #2 is overwritten.
I figure I need to win every last game from now on, then. :-)

Bean_D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 06:54:08 AM »
Phaze: I have a default tournament, the problems is as I described above the tournament files that are the base for our quarter finals.
I need to start educating my friends. :-)

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »
aye... I think there is a certain amount of responsibility here that is on the tournament director's (not the program but the person's) shoulders here...

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 06:02:48 AM »
If you get into the routine of saving the tournament at the start of each game, every time you want to leave early your friends only have to hit "save".