Author Topic: TD goes down with error message internet explorer has encountered a problem  (Read 1725 times)

rbauman

• View Profile
This seems to happen after players have been entered just has your about to assign table seats quite annoying. It's OK if your on auto save but if you forget to put it on it can really screw things up. Any advise I bought my program back in July of 2006 and this has happened about 4 times using the TD about 1 time a week.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I would advise reinstalling Internet Explorer.

daveand5

• View Profile
    • TAPL Designs's Humorous Poker Shirts
Just a heads up on possible problem, I installed IE7 upgrade, a week ago, uninstalled it on sunday.
Seems that it interferes with most all software that wasnt 'MS approved', such as TD, and some other software I have. It hung TD up so that nothing worked, keys,mouse,etc except clock kept working.
goto www.cafepress.com/tapl for TAPL Design humorous Poker Shirts

rbauman

• View Profile
Corey,  I'm still having the problem with the TD crashing with the same reference to the Internet Explore need to close and shutting down the program, I reinstalled internet explorer and updated to the newer version of TD as you suggested and it seemed to be running fine but last night during a tournament it crashed losing all information, before it seemed to only happen when I started a tournament after assigning tables but before hitting tournament start,  it happens so randomly, but again four or five times over the last 3 months. there's no way to recreate it, it only does it when it wants to, also one other thing encountered when going to data base everytime now, before being able to access say the players not in a league I get a message about sub script and do I want to abandon operation if I say yes it won't perform any functions if I tell it no it allows me to continue, could this be related to the internet explorer crashing problem.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I don't know what else to do with this.  The problem is not that the Tournament Director is crashing, it's that Internet Explorer is crashing.  There is a post around here with instructions for re-registering Internet Explorer's DLLs, which I suppose could help, although I would hope that re-installing IE would do that as well.  Here's one I found: http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=561.0

As for the other issue, there is a limitation on the number of instructions a program like the TD (one hosted inside of IE) can perform at any given time.  This is done to prevent, for example, a website with some bad Javascript code from entering an infinite loop and hanging your browser.  Unfortunately, it also causes this dialog to appear even in HTML applications, where it should be disabled.  It's really just an annoyance, as you can just click the Yes (or OK) button to continue, but you can also increase the number to perhaps prevent it from occurring or at least reducing how often it occurs: http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=463.msg1940#msg1940