Author Topic: Concurrent instances of TD  (Read 2138 times)

Alvisar

• View Profile
Concurrent instances of TD
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:05:41 PM »
I've updated to version 3.3 and read in the update log that the launcher has been updated to allow concurrent instances of TD.  However, when I attempt to start another instance it only maximizes the first instance of TD that I have minimized in the taskbar. 

I could have sworn I also read where someone in the forums had run four instances without the use of VM's.  Is there a setting, or preference that I have to check.

Thanks,
Alvisar

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Concurrent instances of TD
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:32:42 PM »
Contact Corey directly for the details of how to do this.  It was added on my bequest, for my commercial use.

support@thetournamentdirector.net

Stu
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
Yes, starting in 3.3 you can run multiple instances on one PC.  But this feature is not documented, because it is not supported.  It is not supported because the application was never designed to run this way.  It is possible to lose preference settings, or database changes, when running multiple instances.  So I don't recommend it.  But if you're willing to live with the possible consequences, be my guest.

In order to run multiple instances, you need to pass the option -tdnoconcurrencycheck to the program at launch.  To do this you can modify the shortcut you use to launch the TD application.  Right-click the shortcut and select "Properties".  On the Shortcut tab, edit Target and add this option.  It will probably look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 3\TD.exe"

Change it to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 3\TD.exe" -tdnoconcurrencycheck

MickejMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 07:09:20 AM »
Thank you Corey for the redirect to here ;)

Will use it ;)