Author Topic: Point Players VS Guests  (Read 1234 times)

femacejo

• View Profile
Point Players VS Guests
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »
We run a tournament of about 15 regular tournament people but sometimes have guests that play but do not accumulate tournament points.

How can we have them play, include them in the Tournament Director, yet not accumulate any points.

Also, say a TP (Tournament Player) wins, a GP (Guest Player) gets 2nd place, another GP gets 3rd place, and then
a TP gets 4th (and so forth), how can I get the tournament points to be:

1st TP gets 15 tournament points,
2nd TP (the one that actually came in 4th) get 14 points . . .  and so forth?

Does it make sense? I want the tournament points to only be given to tournament players
in decending order as they got knocked out. Guest players do not get any rewards (but
do get win cash).

Thanks a bunch for your assistance!  ;D

F

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
Re: Point Players VS Guests
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 01:33:33 AM »
Just my thoughts mate.

But why should a player that finishes 4th get points for second.

Thats a bit unfair to the winner.

I run a league that gets guests playing, they get the points or money due to them.
So a guest could actually win the league.

Not very good if you had 8 guests and they finish the top 8, then the 9th would
get the points for first place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

femacejo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 02:15:14 AM »
I know it may seem unfair . . . . but the thing is, all of the tournament players besides putting money for that nite's tournament also put money for the final points tournament. In this final points tournament, players taht put money into it thruout the season get a chipstak according to the number of points they have accumulated through out the season.

Non tournament players only play once or twice throught the season. They chose not to participate in the points tourney. They do get the $$$ is they win that night. But they do not participate in the final points tourney.

And since all 15 regular tourney players always play, they all have to get final tourney points, no matter what place they come in that nite's tourney. Even if the top 5 winners are non-final tourney players, the 6th tourney player will get the 20 points.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 10:06:14 AM »
Use leagueRank instead of rank in your formula.