Author Topic: Switching from two monitors back to one  (Read 1635 times)

edneely

• View Profile
Switching from two monitors back to one
« on: April 13, 2010, 01:34:22 PM »
I normally play with my laptop screen and an LCD monitor using the extended display.  A friend was holding a tournament and I decided to just take my laptop and do everything on that screen.  When I tried to buy-in the players, the buy-in dialog box wouldn't appear. 

It apparently opened on the LCD screen which wasn't connected.  I could not figure out how to force the dialogs to the LCD screen.  Rebooted, tried cascading all windows, but nothing worked.  I couldn't run the tournament with TD.  When I got home I plugged in my LCD, and there was the dialog, right where I left it.

Sort of a hassle to open every dialog in TD to make sure you have them all opening on the right screen.  Is there a way to force all dialogs and other windows to the main screen if they open on the non-existent extended monitor?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Switching from two monitors back to one
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:31:17 PM »
First, try checking your display properties in the windows control properties and make sure windows has the extended display greyed out (right click on the second monitor and uncheck 'attached').
This should do the trick

edneely

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »
Unfortunately, that doesn't do it.  For example, when I load a saved tournament, the "Tournament Loaded" dialog opens on the extended display.  Doesn't matter how many times I drag it back to the main display.  It always appears over there.

So I did what you recommended, then started TD, loaded a saved tourney, and no dialog.  I click on the tourney setting screens and get the "bonk" because it is waiting for me to click OK.  I turned extended display back on and there it is, floating on that second screen.

edneely

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 05:37:20 PM »
Wait a sec...I ran through it again without quiting TD, and this time it came up on the main screen.  Not sure why it was different this time, but it worked.  Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:01:57 PM »
Preferences tab -> Miscellaneous section -> Save dialog locations

Uncheck this option and dialogs will open centered in the screen or centered over the Settings window.

edneely

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 11:06:08 PM »
Ah-ha!  This app has a setting for freakin' everthing!  Thanks, Corey!