Author Topic: V2.4 Muted Event Sounds  (Read 12636 times)

brunobus

• View Profile
Re: V2.4 Muted Event Sounds
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 12:10:25 AM »
ok, so I lied.  ;D  I had 249 different sounds for players being knocked out.  Fortunately, I was able to open up the .tst file in word and figure out how to search and replace everything to make it work.  Only took about 1/2 hour to get it all squared around.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »
You had 249 different sounds for a player being busted out??

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »
Jedi: I've done a little more testing and things seem, to me at least, to be working properly.  Most times when I expect one event to fire and instead a different event fires, it is all down to priority.

Examples:
- my "tournament ends" event is only triggered when it is higher in the list than any "a player busts-out" events
- my "round ends" event is only triggered when it is higher in the list than my "0 seconds left" event (because the "level ends" trigger will occur at the same time as "the clock ticks" trigger (for 0 seconds) - ie, a level ends exactly when the clock hits 0, so both triggers occur simultaneously)

I'm not ruling out bugs, but I can't seem to find any more at the moment, so I'm inclined to think the issues you are seeing might be based on event priority.  The one thing I will definitely add is a more convenient way to sort events.  When you have many events, moving events up and down in the list by using the context menu items "Move event up" and "Move event down" is very tedious.

If you get a chance, save your events template and send it to me so I can see exactly what you are using.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 03:03:16 AM »
Thanks for the help Corey.  The priority is the key.  Now my sounds play at random and so does the tournament start and end events.

Yes.  The event moving is tedious.  If there's say 50 events, moving an event from 50 to 1st on the events priority list is a chore.  Maybe a drag and drop or similiar type of format should do the trick.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 10:08:37 AM »
Actually, I've already added a sort dialog, much like you see on the Tables tab.  Drag-and-drop is a good idea for this type of thing, and has actually been on the to-do list for some time, but I just haven't had the time to implement it.  Sort dialogs I feel are a decent compromise.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 05:30:17 AM »
The sort dialog you are referring to, is it in the current version? or a future release?  I can't find it in the events tab.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »
Future release.  Sorry.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 04:34:56 AM »
Great. Thanks for adding it. ;D

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 05:35:56 AM »
OK . . .   I started adding more events . . . BUT

What I am trying to do is to create an event for FIRST PLAYER OUT, 4th PLACE FINISH, 3rd PLACE FINISH AND BUBBLE PLAYER OUT.  I know, the bubble player feature in SIMPLE MODE is due in V2.4.2.  I thought I can do it, somewhat, using the CONDITION string.  The payout is 4 places for my tournament.

The problem is the ONLY "player bust out" sound I can play is the one without any condition string.

ALL the condition strings test TRUE so it should work . . . but they don't trigger.

HERE THEY ARE :

First player to bust out :   state = 2 && (rank = buyins)

Player to bust out not in the money :  rank < buyins && rank > 5

Players to bust out on the bubble :  rank = 5

Player to bust out 4th in the money :  rank = 4

Player to bust out 3rd in the money :  rank = 3

Player to bust out 2nd in the money : rank = 2
(this event is muted so the "Tournament End" event will play)

The ONLY bust out event that works is the one with no condition specified.  I thought that if it passed the "test" it should work.  Specially the simple ones like rank = 3.

Is it because I'm in SIMPLE MODE? Did I miss something in the condition string?  The only "bust out" event that works is lower in the list than any other "bust out" event.

Help please !!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 10:30:06 AM »
It is because you are in simple mode.

I have fixed this (but obviously haven't release 2.4.2 yet), but in doing so I realized that the bust-out trigger is the *only* trigger that needed "fixing" for Simple Mode.  In Simple Mode, the "rank" and "position" variables are not set when bust-out(s) occur, so you just can't use them for your events.

I believe your conditions WILL work once 2.4.2 is released, but I would probably change them in the following ways (and change the ordering):

First player to bust out :   (state = 2) && (position = 1)
Players to bust out on the bubble :  rank = (inTheMoney + 1)
Player to bust out not in the money :  !inTheMoney
Player to bust out 2nd in the money : rank = 2

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 01:39:49 PM »
Thanks Corey,

Just as I suspected, I need V2.4.2 !  I thought I was going nuts.

Now, what is the difference between the variables "rank" and "position"?   Also the difference between "round" and "level"?

Looking at your suggestion, I interpret them as Double Trigger on First Player out and Bubble Player out.

Example: Player to bust out first : (state = 2) && (position = 1)   is ALSO TRUE for Players not in the money : !inTheMoney

Since only one event plays, which one plays is the result of the position in the event list? 
   My attempt was to write a condition that was not affected by list positions.  Wouldn't conditions that are not affected by list positions are better to use?

Any idea as to when V2.4.2 is scheduled for release?

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »
If you hover the mouse over the variables in the Test Conditions section of the Event dialog (or you can right-click and select Show Tooltip) you'll get a description of the variable.

position is sort of the inverse of rank.  The first person to bust-out of a tournament is position 1.  The 2nd to bust out is position 2.  So it's the order of bust-out.

Your schedule may have rounds and breaks.  As an example:

round 1
round 2
round 3
break (1)
round 4
round 5
round 6
break (2)
round 7
round 8

Each of these is a level.  Levels are either of type Round or Break.  So, round 1 is level 1, round 2 is level 2, round 3 is level 3, break 1 is level 4, round 4 is level 5, etc.

The variable 'roundNum' represents the current round number, and the variable 'breakNum' represents the current break number.  During a round, the 'breakNum' variable will be the number of the LAST (previous) break in the schedule.  So, if it's currently round 8, 'breakNum' will be 2.  Likewise, during breaks 'roundNum' will be the number of the last round.  If it is currently break 2, 'roundNum' will be 6.

There was in error in my previous message.  I think I've made a confusing inconsistency when putting the event conditions together, because the "inTheMoney" variable represents the rank needed to be in the money.  In the Points for Playing formula, there is an "inTheMoney" variable and an "inTheMoneyRank" variable.  The first is 1 (true) if the player is in the money, 0 (false) otherwise.  The second represents the rank needed to be in the money.  Unfortunately I did not make these consistent in the Event Conditions.

So, for the event "Player to bust out not in the money :  !inTheMoney", the formula should actually be "rank > inTheMoney".

That being said ... the first two events in my list ('first player to bust out' and 'players to bust out on the bubble') will not both trigger at the same time (unless you have a tournament where only the last place player doesn't win a ranked prize).  The position variable makes the first one very specific, and only fires for the first player to bust out.  Likewise with the second one, the inTheMoney variable makes it very specific.

On a similar note, the event 'Player to bust out not in the money' WILL trigger at the same time as the first two, since it will trigger on any player busting out who does not make the money.  Therefore, it is lower in the list so that the first two, more specific events, will trigger appropriately, and the third, less specific event will trigger on other bust-outs.

I hope I haven't confused things even more...

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 07:13:45 PM »
Thanks Corey,

The FOG is lifting  :D

I still can't do any elaborate "bust out" events in Simple Mode until 2.4.2 . . . right?

Anxiously awaiting V2.4.2

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »
That is unfortunately correct.  (sorry).   I am plugging away at 2.4.2, though...

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 01:11:42 AM »
Corey,

I just upgraded to V2.4.2

My tournaments runs in SIMPLE MODE.

I edited the event's conditions to your suggestions as follows.

First player to bust out :   (state = 2) && (position = 1)
Players to bust out on the bubble :  rank = (inTheMoney + 1)
Player to bust out not in the money :  !inTheMoney

The bust out event that plays is the one without any conditions, the generic one.  No first out, bubble out, or in money with rank events are triggered.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks