Author Topic: receipts  (Read 4151 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
receipts
« on: December 30, 2011, 07:37:12 PM »
some of my players have lost the receipts issued to them when buying in. we don't want to undo buy-in and redo buy-in to print a new receipt. Can an option be included to re-print a receipt? or from the players tab allow a column to show the receipt number assigned to the player's buy-in so we can go to the folder and reprint?
Jody

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: receipts
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 06:57:35 AM »
some of my players have lost the receipts issued to them when buying in. we don't want to undo buy-in and redo buy-in to print a new receipt. Can an option be included to re-print a receipt? or from the players tab allow a column to show the receipt number assigned to the player's buy-in so we can go to the folder and reprint?
Jody

Charge them the entry fee again and i guarantee that they wont lose them any more

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
I don't know if this is going to help you or not...

What I do is have a receipt folder on my desktop, and send the TD receipts to that folder.  That way I can access them rather quickly if I need to.  Sometimes I experience a problem during the initial printing of receipts (a problem that I have not been able to correct as of yet!), so I'll go to the receipts folder, open the receipt on IE9, and print it out that way.  I know it's not the fastest way to accomplish things, but it is a workaround that does work.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:16:01 PM »
I have created a folder for each tournament and all files from that tournament are saved in that folder. The tournament for Dec 30 is in the December/30/AM folder along with all the receipts. We hit over 100 players on occasion and when a player comes back and says I lost my receipt I have to go into HIstory from the game tab and find out what time he bought in, go to the December/30/AM folder and, with the Date Created column showing find the time that corresponds to the buy-in time, open it and re-print it. When you have a line of people in front of you time is not a luxury. If I could skip the History search alone it would save quite a bit of time.

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 08:39:42 PM »
I have created a folder for each tournament and all files from that tournament are saved in that folder. The tournament for Dec 30 is in the December/30/AM folder along with all the receipts. We hit over 100 players on occasion and when a player comes back and says I lost my receipt I have to go into HIstory from the game tab and find out what time he bought in, go to the December/30/AM folder and, with the Date Created column showing find the time that corresponds to the buy-in time, open it and re-print it. When you have a line of people in front of you time is not a luxury. If I could skip the History search alone it would save quite a bit of time.

Yeah, I hear ya.  I was thinking that might be your case after I posted my response.  That would certainly be be tedious in your case.

Here's an idea; can you print the receipt on a sticker and make the players wear it?  (I'm joking, of course...:D)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 09:36:18 PM »
I've got an item on the to-do list for this.  I've been mulling it over for a while.  Here's what I've got in my notes:

• Add receipt number to each transaction type (buy-in, rebuy, add-on)
  • Show the receipt number on the transaction from the player's history.  For example: Players tab -> Edit Game Player -> History -> [edit buy-in, for example], list the receipt number here along with the other buy-in information.  Also add a reprint button here.
  • Incorporate the receipt number somehow in the Tournament History dialog, too (might be more convenient to find something there)
  • Add receipts for prizes
  • Maybe add receipts for bust-outs
  • Add a preference to save receipts in the same folder as the tournament file

Other ideas or suggestions?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:17:45 PM »
I don't use receipts, but I have an idea. How about a Receipt tab, like the Tables, Rounds, etc.?

Info here would have what's needed, and could be static. Or make it be a screen that displays...

Just my two cents worth :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
I'm not sure if it warrants its own tab, but this does remind me of another item I thought of but forgot on the last list: add a "Receipts" button to the Players tab that lists all receipts issued for the tournament, to whom, and what it was for, etc.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
How about a column on the Player's Tab for the receipt that has the location and name of the receipt.
A such;
file:///C:/Users/Jody/Documents/The%20Tournament%20Director%202/Data/receipts/receipt14135.html

And possibly make it a link so we just have to click it and it opens up in a browser and easy print from there

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 02:09:30 PM »
Or even just an icon that links to the receipt file crreated

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »
Problem is players will possibly have multiple receipts.  One receipt for buy-ins, potentially multiple receipts for rebuy(s) and add-on(s), and possibly receipt(s) for prizes.  I'll give it some thought.