Author Topic: Suggestion - table collapse  (Read 9616 times)

_Hithere_

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion - table collapse
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 10:18:33 PM »
While you are at it. . . .
Another improvement alnog the same linse as those suggested here would be the ability to set rules for when a table configuration change kicks in.

Let me explain by example:  We have a room full of 8 person tables and a 9 person(plus a dealer) final table.  We do NOT want to use the final table until the tourney is down to 9 players unless the tourney starts with more than 48 players (in which case we want to use the first 8 seats, collapse this one first, then leave it empty until the tourney gets back to a "final" table).

Right now I do this manually, by making the appropriate seats unavailable unless they are needed, then changing them to available sometime while the tourney is between 10 and 16 players, so it becomes the final table when we hit 9 players.

Ideally we would be able to set up a rules file (like the XML file for automatic prizes) to base table configuration on number of players in the tournament.  Making these changes would also accomplish everything suggested above, which is why I mentioned it.

Thanks

britnt7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 11:43:05 AM »
This was the purpose for the unavailable seats. Since it only takes a few seconds to make a seat unavailable and then available when needed, I'm not sure why you would want this small manual request automated? I guess it depends on how much work it would take Corey to implement this and how easy it would be to configure it.

MadDog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 12:23:27 PM »
Yeah, I personally do not mind moving more players if it means they get to sit at a better table. Maybe some people have multiple tables of the same quality, but I have a really nice table, then my dining room table, and the others are "temporary" tables that are neither large nor really comfortable, so I want the players off of them as soon as possible and up to the nicer tables.

Thanks very much for doing this. Awaiting the update! :D

This is exactly my situation, and I would also appreciate the option discussed above. Plus, I managed to find it with the search feature, so I didn't have to post a question.

MD

DragonII

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 03:05:30 PM »
Also i want auto remove unused tables after balancing tables, and when its only 1 table i would auto make it as a final table (there can set as a option if want).

It would be nice for next version.
I love that program, make very easier for us all.