Author Topic: Points for Playing Chops  (Read 940 times)

punsterr

• View Profile
Points for Playing Chops
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:58:09 PM »
I use a points for playing formula for my home game.  Ordinarily, this would work out to roughly 215 points for first, 150 points for second, and 125 points for third.  In a recent tournament, we ended up doing a three-way chop, which worked fine for the money.  However, it gave each of the top three players 215 points, rather than the expected 163 points ((215+150+125) / 3).  The chops screen only seems to impact points for prizes, rather than points for playing.

Is there any easy way to chop the points for playing? As a workaround, I went into the player details and did a manual adjustment for -52 points to each of them.

Side note - the Chops button on my prize screen is greyed out.  The only way I can access the chops is to do a ctrl-C on the Tournament screen.  Is that the only way to access the chops?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points for Playing Chops
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
Your formula likely uses the "rank" variable to help assign points.  When you chop, by default you're signifying a tie, so the chopping players will have the same rank.  They don't have to have the same rank, you can assign ranks when you chop (Ranking is on the right side of the Chop dialog).  However, if you want the players to have the same rank but still end up with different points, then using the manual adjustment is probably the right way to do it.

The Chops button on the Prizes tab allows you to view and/or edit any existing chops.  It doesn't allow you to initiate a chop.  You initiate a chop using the hotkey from the Game window or by using the Chop button on the Controls tab.  Once players in your tournament have chopped, you'll see the Chops button enable itself on the Prizes tab.