Author Topic: Location Database  (Read 1558 times)

dniezby

• View Profile
Location Database
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:18:47 AM »
Would be cool if we could enter the location that we're playing at in a section of the database.

For example: If you're playing at one location  you can select them from a drop down and it loads a specific template, rules, banners etc. 

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Location Database
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:50:40 AM »
I believe that would be why Corey has allocated 3 sets of everything for that tab, but I could be wrong. It's what I use, at least, for my two leagues I run.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »
Three tabs?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 01:16:53 PM »
You could do this by changing the Data Store, but that would also mean having a different database per-location.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »
I should be more specific.  If you had, for example, the default tournament (or other default files, such as the rounds template, or layout) specified in the Config Files preferences, then by changing the Data Store you'd be changing where the TD loads those files from when it starts.  So you could start the TD, change the Data Store to the appropriate one for your location, exit and restart the TD.  Of course, this only works with 2.6 since I added the Default files section to the Config Files preference.