Author Topic: balancing tables  (Read 1959 times)

hayjamawas

• View Profile
balancing tables
« on: August 17, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »
when a table balance is recommended by TD there is no way of really knowing where the dealer button when it occurs.  and it seems a bit cumbersome to have to go back to the tables tab to set the button.  instead is there a way TD would simply ask where the button is on the tables involved in the balance?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: balancing tables
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »
The best way to run a tournament is to have hands-on service. While TD will do a lot for you, cuatomer service is always the best...meaning head out to the tables and check it out. TD will recommend, but has no way of knowing on its own where the button is You can find out for yourself and then tell TD where the button is by right clicking ion the seat and Set dealer button. Then ask TD to recommend.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:32:46 AM »
The best way to run a tournament is to have hands-on service. While TD will do a lot for you, cuatomer service is always the best...meaning head out to the tables and check it out. TD will recommend, but has no way of knowing on its own where the button is You can find out for yourself and then tell TD where the button is by right clicking ion the seat and Set dealer button. Then ask TD to recommend.

I second this, especially for tournaments with only a few tables. I sit right in the middle of the 4 opening tables, so when I get a suggestion, I look to see where the button is, and move the appropriate person from the table being pulled from. As Jody stated, it's impossible for TD to know where it is, since there is no way for TD to "see" the action on all the tables and update the button at the same time.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:03:03 AM »
yip ditto, previous responses.  In all my tournaments I only use the seating draw for the initial draw, and later redraws (final table, last 2 tables etc) with all other balances and breaks being carried out manually.  In smaller tourneys of for example 4 tables I will bust the correct names and manually drop and drag players as I manually move them, on larger tourneys of 10 tables etc I will bust any player out just to maintain a correct player and table count and then put the correct names back in at the end when we are getting close to the money.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »
http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1073.0

I will get to this in the near future (a relative concept), as I think it wouldn't be too hard and is useful.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »
e
http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1073.0

I will get to this in the near future (a relative concept), as I think it wouldn't be too hard and is useful.
excellent