Author Topic: Balance Tables Respecting Dealer Button  (Read 5072 times)

alon.albert

• View Profile
Balance Tables Respecting Dealer Button
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:16:35 PM »
Hi

I noticed that TD can balance tables with respect to the dealers button. The procedure requires you to reject the balancing suggestion, switch to the table view, set the dealer buttons and then manually suggest a balance.

This is a bit awkward and it's too easy to forget to do this and just balance the tables possibly making an unfair balance. Here's a simple suggestion for improvement:

When a player is busted and TD decides to balance, it should prompt a dialog box that contains combo boxes, one for each table. The combo boxes contain the players seated at each table. You simply select the player who has the button at each table and the next window will have the proper balancing suggestion. Attached is a quick mock up I cooked up. This makes the process of setting the buttons before balancing seamless and quick.

Edit: The seat list probably needs to contain empty seats as well in case one of the tables had a dead button.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:18:15 PM by alon.albert »

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Balance Tables Respecting Dealer Button
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »
I like this kind of idea.

I don't use the balance process of TD because of the extra steps.  I believe that I would use it if something like this was available.  It is a great intuitive idea and seems to fit a standard balance process that most would use (I think).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Balance Tables Respecting Dealer Button
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:39:49 PM »
I'll put it on the to-do list...