Author Topic: My Tournament Clock Layout - Clocks at 0, 90, 180, 270 degree rotations  (Read 17014 times)

amcq10

• View Profile
This layout is designed for an LCD that will be sitting flat in the middle of the Poker Table.
(yes... mounted directly in the middle of the table, perfectly flush with the surrounding poker speed cloth) (In the process of creating an Instructable... will post link when finished).

Due to the screen laying flat, we wanted people on all edges of the table to see the clock and blind levels with ease.
This took quite a bit of effort to get the Rows/Columns/Cells rotating in the right direction.
(thanks again to Corey for the tips about using filters)

The Top clock was easy enough to just rotate via the filter:
progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=2)

The left clock was rotated via the TD2 built-in "Rotate 90 degrees" option.

The right clock was the hardest, by eventually using the "Rotate 90 degrees" option.. and THEN rotating the outer Column by 270 degrees using the same filter as the Top Clock above.

Attached is a screenshot below.. as well as the .tlo file.

I've manually sized many of the Cells/Columns with width/height settings to get them to fit where they needed to on the screen.
So, this is sized to a 1024x768 screen.  If you want this on any other size screen, you'll have to manually modify each width/height to fit your screen.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks pretty slick.  I love seeing stuff like this.

I'm curious about the right clock.  Is there a reason you didn't just use "rotation=3" to get it to rotate 270 degrees?

amcq10

• View Profile
For a reason unknown to me, when I would set either the left or right sides to "rotation=1" or "rotation=3", I would lose the clock numbers.  I'm not sure if they were being rendered somewhere off-screen, or what, but, I was just unable to get those 2 rotations to "rotate within the column size that I had defined".

I tried changing column/row widths and heights to try and "find" the clock, but... just couldn't find it.

It was after I successfully rotated the clock/blind on the left (using your built-in CSS rotation), that I got the idea to use your built-in rotation with the "rotation=2" setting.. (effectively providing the 270 degrees needed).

amcq10

• View Profile
Here's the Instructable on how this Layout was used.

http://www.instructables.com/id/EQIWFC4F2XW9QCU/

violator

• View Profile
that is pretty freakin sick...lol i like it  :o
vio

HIGHTOWER

• View Profile
Re: My Tournament Clock Layout - Clocks at 0, 90, 180, 270 degree rotations
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »
I HAVE BEEN BUILDING CUSTOM POKER TABLES FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND YOUR LCD INSERT IS FAR SICKER THAN ANYTHING I'VE DONE.  I TOOK A LOOK AT YOUR INSTRUCTIONAL AND IM JUST ABOUT DONE WITH MY VERSION OF YOUR MASTERPIECE.  THE ONLY PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS DOWNLOADING YOUE WYLIEALLSIDES CLOCK....ANY HELP ON HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

JASON
DEAD MONEY POKER TABLES

skelly82

• Shark-stats admin
    • View Profile
    • Shark Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 06:45:01 AM »
No that is a nice table, make me want to try my hand at making one.  ;D
Shark-stats.co.uk online poker league management - no programming needed just great stats everytime

ddonofrio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 10:25:23 AM »
This is a great layout, I'd like to use it but I can't get the cool background working so the clocks are b/w and the background is that brown.  Can you advise? 

amcq10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »
Hey everyone... sorry for not replying, I must have missed the email informing me that updates were posted to this thread...

In any case...

To: Hightower
  I first thank you for your compliments.  It does feel great hearing from someone that has been building poker tables, that our idea is a good one... very cool indeed.
Now, about the layout.  I should probably download the latest TD2, since I haven't done that for a couple of months.  I could then re-save my layout into the format the Corey has created that should make transfer of the layout easy to other computers.

Now, with my layout, it is very specific to my needs.. meaning, I had to manually adjust all the cells with Height and Width values, in order to guarantee that it fit properly on my 1024x768 LCD.  I did not design it to be easily transported to other resolutions besides 1024x768 (sorry that it's a small res, but, the LCD that we had only supported this max resolution.. so, go with what you got).

To: ddonofrio
  As far as the cells and their b/g colors.  ALL cells on my layouts have invisible background.
I decided to create the colors/bg/images/logos in Photoshop, which allowed for very nice customization, and a final product that would simply be a 1024x768 background, that would fill the entire screen.
I then used TD2's layout screen to organize the invisible cells on top of that background.  One great trick is to use bright background colors during the design phase.  I frequently set the BG to green, black, blue, orange, etc... in order to "see" the boundaries of that cell (also borders could work too).  Then, once you get the widths and heights setup properly, you can remove all the BG colors, and you should be left with the same layout, but invisible backgrounds, allowing your pre-designed background to "contain" the fields.

Please ask any further questions that this may have caused,.... and I'll try to do a better job of monitoring this post from here forward....

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 10:55:57 PM »
good tip on the background colors 8)

lukechris

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 03:54:35 AM »
Let me just say, that is a good idea for a  table and is pretty sick
Luke, 2007

arthurbear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 10:57:41 AM »
Hi

This layout and instructions are great, i had a spare lcd monitor and was thinking off cutting a hole in my poker to do this but had the forethought to lay the screen flat on the table and it was unable to see the image ( what make of lcd did you use ) Thanks

amcq10

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
There are only a few angles which make it hard to view the screen... This primarily caused me to use Bold Contrasting colors in my layout, so that even when the screen is harder to see, you can still make out a "05:00" remaining on the clock.

I have no clue what model of LCD it is.  It was a cheap $25 one that we got from a friend who was getting a new monitor.. so, didn't do any investigation into Viewable angle or quality... just used what we had.

Also, think of the monitor in terms of the bottom of the screen being "side A", and the top being "Side B".  If you lay down the LCD, with "side A" closest to you, the screen is hard to see, and tends to cause the colors to be inverted somewhat.  However, if you turn the LCD around and view if with "side B" closer to you, you can see it almost perfectly with no discoloration..  This means that for our comfort, we chose to mount the LCD "upside down" or... with Side B facing the person typing/controlling, so that the person controlling could see the screen the best.   In order to do this, we had to set BIOS settings that cause the Screen to be rotated 180 degrees so that the image is upside down on the screen (ie: right side up for the person controlling it)...

This may not have been a BIOS setting either.. may have been a Windows XP application or Video driver setting to flip the screen 180 degrees.

to summarize, we too have seats which make it hard to see... but with the bold white text on dark backgrounds... it makes it much better...

candidog

• View Profile
How are the cables to the computer connected?  Can you show us how the computer is connected?

amcq10

• View Profile
How are the cables to the computer connected?  Can you show us how the computer is connected?

I bought an Asus EEE Box PC.  The thing is TINY (compared to desktop PC's).  Thus, I ended up just Velcro'ing the PC to the bottom of the table.  I then plugged the monitor/speakers/etc into that. (keyboard and mouse are wireless).

The only cable that I have running across the floor is power.

the EEE box PC has Wifi built-in so that I just use that to connect to my network.

One thing to note.. I bought the PC 2-3 years ago.  There is probably some other product out there these days that is just as light, with small footprint, .. that could easily be  attached to bottom of the table.   Heck.. if you "want" to use full-size PC .. you could even go as far as to pull the motherboard/HDD/power suppy/etc out of the case, and attach them to the under-side of the table individually.. (would get great ventilation .. ahah)

Also, I've been thinking lately about using some of the newer Tablet-type devices in the Poker setup.  I haven't even checked with Corey to see if he's thinking about doing anything on Android... would make for a great system to just have an android tablet with the tourney running on it. (HINT, HINT, HINT @Corey)  :)

Of course, the Tablet idea would tend to reduce the need to have the monitor "IN" the table, since I wouldn't want it to have ONLY that job.  (would be quite an expensive device just for running tourneys).