Author Topic: Changing size of tables mid tourney?  (Read 2719 times)

Scruff

• View Profile
Changing size of tables mid tourney?
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:29:12 AM »
I play in a monthly tourney where they use your software (I'm not the TD). We always seem to run into an issue where we have 28 players, so we start with 4 tables of 7. We want to stay with 7 at a table until there are 16 players left, then swtich to 8 per table for the last two tables and the final table. Is there any way to do this?

If we start it with 8 person tables and only 28 entries, I know that we'll get four 7's. But when we get to 24, it will try to make three 8's, which we don't want. Last time we just waited until there were 14 to go to two tables, and drew cards for seats when it got down to 8. But if there's a way to automate the switch from 7 person tables to 8 within the software mid tournament (without redrawing all seats) that would be a big help. Thanks for any info, and I'll pass it along to our TD.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing size of tables mid tourney?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »
With version 1.3.5, you'd just set the 'Max players per table' to 7, seat everyone, and play the tournament.  When you get down to 16 players, switch to 8 players per table.  On the Players tab, press the Assign Seats button and it should initiate a table consolidation.

With version 2.0, create 4 tables of 7 seats.  When you get down to 16 players, add a seat to 2 of the remaining tables and press the Suggest Movement button.

Scruff

• View Profile
Re: Changing size of tables mid tourney?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 02:09:56 AM »
Thanks for the response!