Author Topic: Problem with HTML application host  (Read 8508 times)

tomalechat

• View Profile
Problem with HTML application host
« on: August 19, 2006, 05:06:12 AM »
Hi,

I'm facing a problem which I'd like to resolve because I'll be hosting a tournament in two weeks. I'll buy the licence for the version 2 if I can solve this problem.

It happens when I right-click. The scroll-menu (I'm not sure you call this so) appears but if I don't click on one of its option and click outside of it, TD crashs and I get the message: Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encoutered a problem...

Does anyone know how I solve this problem?

Thank you

P.S.: Hope you understand my english

Bull

• View Profile
Re: Problem with HTML application host
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »
I dont know how to fix it but i'm having the same problem and its very annoying. I can hardly run the program without it crashing do to this error.

This is the error i recieve,   

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This happens while right clicking, scrolling, and tab switching.

I am running registered version  2.1.2  and windows xp home edition sp2 and latest updates. Internet Explorer latest. Just started having this trouble a few weeks ago and not sure what new updates etc. may be causing the problems.

Thanks for any replies.

Bull ???

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 01:07:11 PM »
The problem you are experiencing is due to Microsoft's most recent security patches, that were released on or around August 9th.  I have fixed this for the next release (well, I worked around it - it's Microsoft's bug).

I realize this is a serious issue and I'm working to get 2.2 done as quickly as possible.

Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 06:51:05 PM »
Thanks Corey, i figured it was a Microsoft update issue since it just started after i updated windows. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.   Thanks for the great program we use it alot!

Bull

tomalechat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 07:01:18 PM »
Thank you Corey for your quick answer. Do you think a version without this problem will be available by the 3. September? If not, do you think it might work on a computer which has not been updated with that patch?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »
I can't say for certain when 2.2 will be released.  I hope to release the next beta of it sometime this week.  It will have this fix in it.  You are welcome to try it, but keep in mind it is a beta version.  I think it is pretty stable at this point, but it is still "beta".

I noticed the problem on 2 computers immediately after updating them.  This problem definitely did not happen before those updates.  So, yes, I think you shouldn't have a problem on a PC that has not yet had these security updates from Microsoft applied.

rascalsrule

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 12:17:36 PM »
Hiya

Having the same problem as described above, is there a workaround? short of installing the BETA version?
do you know which security patch it is, and can it be uninstalled?
I'm having a tourney shortly as well, and a crash midtourney would be disastruous.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
/Gil

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 01:22:30 PM »
Unfortunately I do not know which patch in particular caused the issue, and there is no workaround short of not right-clicking.  Ever.  If you can get by without using the context menu (which can be done by using the Hotkeys), you should be fine.  I'd make sure Auto save was enabled.

Those of you who are a little more adventuresome can try the beta.  So far I have heard of no issues with beta 3.  I expect it to become the final version 2.2.