Author Topic: Best 8 out of ten revisited  (Read 1985 times)

Johnnyone

• View Profile
    • Knowsley Poker
Best 8 out of ten revisited
« on: March 01, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
I haev my formula working to show a running total of the best 8 out o ften tourneys. However, there is a slight alteration needed. It's been decided that the last two tourney' sof the season will be for double points but players can only count one of these tourneys towards their tally.

How can I oncorporate this please.

Thaks in advance.

John

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Best 8 out of ten revisited
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »
I don't see how you could.

It sounds like your players get to choose which of the final 2 tournaments they want?  Sounds like a manual step - you'd somehow have to tell the software what each player's choice was.  Then again, we could probably assume they would always choose the higher amount.

Regardless, the scoring formulas don't differentiate between tournaments - meaning you can't determine within the formula which of the X number of tournaments are the "final" 2 of the season.

Johnnyone

• View Profile
    • Knowsley Poker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 06:49:20 AM »
Hi Corey, thanks for the reply.

The reason for this is that whilst they want to include double points in the last week of the series, some players can only play Fridays and others can only play Sundays. The idea is to be able to allow double points but only allow them to choose one of these from this weekend.

Maybe another alternative is to have a leageue or season called "double points week". Would it be possible to then have the two double points comps in here and then add the "best one from two" of these to the current series.

If not, how would I ignore these last two comps and then add the final values manually via the softare.

Thanks for you help.

John

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »
Well, you could have all of the tournaments we part of a specific season.  Then don't add the final 2 tournaments to the season.  But the Stats tab doesn't allow you to "adjust" the values.  Adjusting the values would be somewhat pointless anyway, since all of the data is derived from the tournaments themselves, so as soon as you changed the filter, or exited the program, the adjustments would be gone.

You'll have to do this manually, outside of the software, I think.  Unless someone can come up with something I haven't thought of.