Author Topic: Tournament season scoring and stats help  (Read 3002 times)

Altdotweb

• View Profile
Tournament season scoring and stats help
« on: January 16, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »
The formula for the per game was great, but I'm at a loss on the next step.

A refresher on my original post : http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1054.0

After the tournament ends and the points are awarded, where do I go to add the additional prize points to the top 3 players?

and,

what do I need to set up so that I can do this for all 13 weeks and have a cumulative score for all players in the season ahow up in the sats section?

thanks

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Tournament season scoring and stats help
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 06:26:11 AM »
now that the tournament is over and you know what the purse is, you can award the extra points. Am I reading that correctly? If so then you can just go in the prize tab and and go in the overide section on the bottom right hand side and enter the info you need.

That should take care of your stats when you filter and all that jazz for the end season

***on a side note... why do I try to answer these when I wake up in the morning... hopefully I made sense***

jay@paydaypoker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »
Yeah that is whay I would do. Either that or code it in in the "points for playing" box at the start of the game.  We have extra points for our final table people. 10points plus 1 point for each person they finished ahead of.  Here is the code for that.  if(r < 9, n + max(6-r, 1)*10-(r-1)) + if(r > 8, n-r+1, 0)  I would think that you just would replace the *10 with the number of points you want to give for your last 3 and replace the 8 with a 3.

jeff b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »
Is there a way to have the software award points only to players in a league, even though non-league players also play in our tournaments? We have 11 league members and we award points just based on finishing position in each tournament, among the league players only. How would I track this, if possible?

Chknsamich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
Is there a way to have the software award points only to players in a league, even though non-league players also play in our tournaments? We have 11 league members and we award points just based on finishing position in each tournament, among the league players only. How would I track this, if possible?

Bump  (for my first post....    ::)  )

Great looking program!  I've only had it for a day but I like everything I've seen so far.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:41:27 PM »
For version 2.5 I've added the variable "inLeague" to the Points for Playing and Tournament Score formulas, which will be 1 if the player is a member of the tournament's league, 0 otherwise.

This means you should be able to take any current formula, place it in () and add "* inLeague".  So if you used the standard "n-r+1" formula, you'd change it to:

(n-r+1) * inLeague

This would give 0 points to all non-league players.

jeff b

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 09:18:53 PM »
What if I want it to work like this: we have 11 players in our league, but we might have say, 14 players in a tournament. If the top 2 are not in the league, I want whoever finishes 3rd to get 1st place points for our league for that tournament. Can I use that inleague function to make that work?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 04:57:34 PM »
That would essentially be re-ranking the players based on league membership status, and you can't do that with the formula.  Sounds like an interesting idea though.  I'll give it some thought.