Author Topic: Another no sound issue (1.3.4)  (Read 2028 times)

Charlutz

• View Profile
Another no sound issue (1.3.4)
« on: September 10, 2008, 08:46:47 PM »
I just started using this program and I love it.  Have a small tourney scheduled for this weekend and would love to use it.  It's pretty easy to figure out, except I am getting no sound.  I searched the forums and everything I found seems to check out.  Here are the specs.

TD Ver. 1.3.4
Windows Vista on a laptop
So far using the default sounds
Sounds play when I click on the file in the sounds folder
Sounds don't play in a tourney environment
When I go to the sounds tab and move cursor over the white triangle/arrow to the left of the sound, the cursor turns to the pointed finger, but clicking does nothing.  WMP doesn't open, cursor doesn't change.  Looks like I'm not clicking.
Paths look to check out ok
Sounds are wav files
Windows media player is default player
Wav files are associated with WMP

Anything else I should check?

Firefox is my default browser.  I mention that because the first time I opened TD and clicked on the Help tab and tried to click on The Tournament Director Documentation, nothing happened for a few times, then the program locked up.  I used the task manager to end the program and on restart, the help topics now work but open in Explorer.  Hope you can help.  Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Another no sound issue (1.3.4)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 12:07:25 AM »
The Tournament Director version 1.3.4 was written several years before Windows Vista was available, and is no longer updated (and has not been for several years).  Version 2.0 and after produce sound in a completely different manner, and should work fine with Windows Vista.

Charlutz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:27:14 AM »
Thanks Corey.  Was hoping it wasn't that.  Time to look under the sofa cushions and fork over some cash.  Thanks!

Solace015

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:41:48 AM »
I understand Vista isnt supported in the earlier version but I updated the system I'm using for TD and it has vista and I really dont like the new version of TD [no offense just way more than what I need]  How do I get it to work with Vista?  I have the same specs as the first post but cant get sound to work either.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:20:59 AM »
You can try making sure sound files are properly associated with Windows Media Player.  In WMP settings, there should be a File Associations tab or similar.  Make sure the type of file you're trying to play in the TD is associated with WMP.  I think Vista might also have another way to do this, on the Control Panel.  I'm not using Vista at the moment so I can't look for myself.

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 10:28:47 PM »
I really dont like the new version of TD [no offense just way more than what I need] 

Use simple mode. Don't use the added features. But upgrade, it will bring you good karma.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5