Author Topic: Stats Filtering  (Read 1469 times)

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
Stats Filtering
« on: December 28, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »
I'm sure I've this question posted before but I cannot find it so I apologize for the re-post.

I keep stats yearly for our league.  With close to 200 tournaments played and saved in the "tournaments" folder filtering the stats has become time consuming.  I realize the filter is searching through all of the saved tournaments for those that match the criteria (I use date played).  I'm thinking I should set-up a new folder called "Tournaments 2011" and save all the tournaments played in 2011 in there (there will be about 80 or so).  If I do this, what settings do i need to change and where are they located?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Stats Filtering
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »
I would suggest that you create the folder in the "saves" area, and move the older files to a different place. Even with adding folders, leaving old files in will still have them be looked at. I'm actuall going to look at moving old tournaments out of the normal save location to see if it will speed it up.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »
Thank you for the suggestion.  I think that would be the best easiest to implement solution.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »
I'll see what I can to do to test it out, might be able to get to that tomorrow. If I am able to, I'll report back and letcha know, jhanna.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »
This is a good suggestion - there's no need for the software to run through any more tournaments than it has to if most won't be relevant.

This will be much easier in 2.6, as you will be able to specify in each Filter where the Stats looks for tournament files.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 10:57:21 PM »
For what it's worth, I moved the old files that I don't need into a "TD Archive" folder that I created on the desktop, outside of the data store. Sure enough, it didn't include them with the stats update, and is good as gold for me, so I'm sure it should work for you too, jhanna.
---