Author Topic: Change the state of TD remotely  (Read 2270 times)

robertchas

• View Profile
Change the state of TD remotely
« on: February 16, 2009, 01:05:54 PM »
@Corey

Would it be possible to send commands to TD externally by this I mean if I where to create an interface for the ipod touch, with buttons like START, STOP, BUST OUT could these commands be sent to TD internally and the relevant information be extracted and displayed on the touch.

For example I press bust out on the touch, and the relevant players are displayed on the touch after I select the player and hit man this information would then be sent to TD.

Would this be possible or is there no way to interact with the software in this way.

thanks

chas

rcasey

• View Profile
Re: Change the state of TD remotely
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 12:27:27 PM »
Oh man, great idea!

I use the "remote" function to control my iTunes during our games and this has been really great.  I am no programmer but I hear apps are not too terribly difficult to design, having it sync up over the wireless network and control TD may be something else.

Getting it put up on the app store would certainly broaden TD's exposure out there as well.

RC

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:32:57 AM »
Anything is possible, but you'd have to write an app for the iTouch/iPod/iPhone/iWhatever and either write an app on the PC that communicated with the iThingy, and then perhaps sent keystrokes to the TD (although this would likely be a one-way operation), or something would have to be written into the TD to communicate with the iThingy.  Is the VNC app not working?

rcasey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:23:02 PM »
For me VNC just wasnt stable.  I am running a VGA Cable this week so I have a duplicate feed going from my laptop to a monitor in the other room.  I like to leave the TV's on some kind of sporting event and they run HDMI (i.e. no PIP).

As far as iThingy the main benefit would be being able to make changes from your seat.  Nothing worse than playing cards and also having to get up for some reason.  If I can have my iPhone right there in front of me and make changes that would be a big plus.

If I knew how to develop this app I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks.

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
HI

The vnc app is reliable for me at least but as it duplicates the full desktop you have to shrink, expand and pan around on the itouch which is rather annoying having a custom app that uses information from TD and displays it in it's own way with large buttons that are deisgn for a small touch screen, Like RC I am also no programmer but I will at least look into how easy or diffcicult it is to program for the itouch.

Anyone on these forums who is good at photoshop could perhaps design some mock screens to see how this would look would be a start and also think if there was an app on the apple store would be good for TD

chas