Author Topic: Small Non issue bug...  (Read 2054 times)

britnt7

• View Profile
Small Non issue bug...
« on: October 23, 2006, 10:48:39 AM »
Corey,

After upgrading to version 2.2.2, we ran a league tourney yesterday and came across a message that you may want to see. I liked using the unavailable feature because of the scenario that we have set up.

We had 23 people, so there were three table set up.

Table 1 had 9 seats with 9th seat set to unavailable (final table)
Table 2 had 8 seats
Table 3 had 8 seats with 8th seat set to unavailable

Once we lost a player from Table 2, I manually moved everyone up one spot until the 8th seat was open and set it to unavailable. This way we didn't break down to two tables until there were 15 players, because 8 players at table 2 was a little tight so we only wanted 7 after people began to fall.

Once we get to the final 9 players, I make the 9th seat at Table one available to create 9 at the final table.

When the tables were at 5, 6, & 6 players the suggest movement highlighted meaning that the tables may be unbalanced. I'm not sure if the image will appear in this post so I am attaching it too.

This seems to be a very small issue but everthing else worked great as usual. Keep up the great work Corey and let me know if something I did was wrong or you need more information of how I got too this message.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Small Non issue bug...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 12:46:11 PM »
That's a bug.  Because the balance algorithm is pretty intensive, there are actually 2 methods: 1 to quickly check to see if tables are out of balance (but doesn't do anything in-depth), and another to do all the complicated work of figuring out how to balance things.  The first check is rather rudimentary, it's meant to check the state of balance very quickly.  The dialog you are seeing is there for those times when either the tables have been configured in such a way as to be unbalanced (according to the user's settings) with no way to fix it, or when the 2 methods are in disagreement.  They are in disagreement in this case because the first method isn't properly taking into account the seats marked unavailable.  I'll have this fixed in the next release.

britnt7

• View Profile
Re: Small Non issue bug...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 02:49:34 PM »
Thanks for checking into this Corey. It's not a big deal because the program continues without error and everything went on as normal. Just thought you would like to have known.

I can't thank you enough for this great program.

Tim