Author Topic: Status Update URL  (Read 1268 times)

dik9

• View Profile
Status Update URL
« on: December 11, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »
I am a bit of a technophobe, and this is just a question whether it is posisible. Can the status be updated to twitter? i.e. player bust out, blinds and average.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Status Update URL
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 03:19:41 AM »
At this point it is not possible, from what I've seen. From what I know and seen, you have to have a website that can accept and know how to handle the information that TTD gives to it. That said, twitter won't know how to handle the information, and if it should give anything out, it will not be comprehensible.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:29:34 AM »
It's not possible for the TD to directly post to your twitter feed, but that doesn't mean it's impossible altogether.  Actually, one could modify the statusListener.php script to post to a twitter feed when it receives an updated status (or every N status updates, or only once every N minutes, for example).  The TD is providing the information.  Really anything could happen to that information after the TD hands it off.

Of course, that relies on someone coding that up.  I'm not a twitterer, so I'm definitely not familiar with their API.  I imagine it would be fairly trivial for someone familiar with their API.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »
It's not possible for the TD to directly post to your twitter feed, but that doesn't mean it's impossible altogether.  Actually, one could modify the statusListener.php script to post to a twitter feed when it receives an updated status (or every N status updates, or only once every N minutes, for example).  The TD is providing the information.  Really anything could happen to that information after the TD hands it off.

Of course, that relies on someone coding that up.  I'm not a twitterer, so I'm definitely not familiar with their API.  I imagine it would be fairly trivial for someone familiar with their API.

For the record, I'm not that familiar with how to do that either... Hope to be some day, though that won't help now...
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!