Author Topic: Chip Count  (Read 4443 times)

MickejMouse

• View Profile
Chip Count
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:40:35 AM »
I was wondering...

During the WSOP or EPT or any big tournament they occasionally show the chip count of the players
Also during the tournament you can almost always look at the chip counts.

I know there a feature in the program which in you can change the chip count during the tourney but i was wondering how the know
all the chip counts...

Anybody an idea?

Karpro

• View Profile
Re: Chip Count
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:00:10 AM »
The software will track the average chip stacks but to get exact you will have to count them and manually input them.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 09:38:19 AM »
Correct.  The software will apply the starting stack, and zero a player's stack if they bust-out, and add to their stack if they add-on or rebuy.  But obviously it cannot know details about each hand, so you would have to manually enter stack information during the tournament to keep the chip counts up-to-date.

MickejMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:05:28 PM »
but that i get :)

The program is very good at that
But what i mean is the chip stack during an tournament...

Is there a person who counts the stack al the time or is it just during a color up and breaks that they
count the chips and give an update

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 11:36:03 PM »
Hire a person to keep track of all bets by whom for every hand that is played!  ;D :D ;)

MickejMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 05:18:54 AM »
yeah lets do that for over 9000 people :p

Was just curious :) Its a mystery to me how they do it

Karpro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 07:23:38 AM »
Remember, what you are seeing is on TV and has been edited after the tournament.  I'm sure that helps as well.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 07:50:50 AM »
and I doubt its an exact count... mind you, I'm sure there are software programs that can calculate size of chip stacks to give a pretty accurate chip count, and I'm pretty sure experienced dealers can calculate chips at a glance according to chip stack size (example: player 1 always stacks his chips in stacks of 10, and he has 3 full stacks and one half stack of green means 35 green chips)

Torgonius

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:47:02 PM »
In my games, I'll have the dealer from each table do a count up during the breaks. I'll then punch it in before the end of the break.

At a large event, the chips are counted up each night and bagged. Every payer has a receipt for their bag with the chip count, as does the floor staff. I doubt they'll do anything more accurate than that until down to the last few tables.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 06:35:49 AM »
you could also put a microchip on the chip and track it that way... this is not so far fetched, here is a link where buddy chipped all his playing cards so he knew where the cards went click here