Author Topic: Maybe I'm going a little too far with this...  (Read 2659 times)

minerman

• View Profile
Maybe I'm going a little too far with this...
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »
This seems kind of ridiculous.  But, I know this software is great and capable of a lot...so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'd like to occasionally display a random message to my players.  Anybody ever done this?  What is the easiest way to do this?

The main purpose is that I want to remind players of the important rules, without displaying all of the rules.  Also, I'd display some fun facts about poker, maybe even include a picture.

So, I'd have maybe 20 or 30 different messages and I want to randomly call them up, every time a screen loads.

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Maybe I'm going a little too far with this...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »
Go to Rules tab (rules, rules2, rules3 type what you want, then go to Event tab,  Click, Msg Property Sets, Click, new, type what ever you want to call it, set default to it, set duration,(seconds)  Then set a New Event, Description, mine is set for (at the start of round 1) Trigger,( A level starts),Conditions,  isRound && (roundNum = 1) click New Action, click Display message typr what ever, or use Insert Tokens,Then set Message property set,  sorry not by my laptop this is off the top of my head lol so i may be wrong

minerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »
Thanks but it looks like you're limited to a certain number of rules tokens.  I do not see a way to add more.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »
Thanks but it looks like you're limited to a certain number of rules tokens.  I do not see a way to add more.
 you dont need to use the rules make-up 20-30 call them what you will, go to Event tab, Msg property it allows you to make and call'em what you want ,lol counting in my head i got 47
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:40:23 PM by TIMMER »

minerman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:58:01 PM »
Oh, I understand now... except for one thing. 

How can I get my random message to fire just on an interval of once ever 120 seconds?

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
Oh, I understand now... except for one thing. 

How can I get my random message to fire just on an interval of once ever 120 seconds?
Trigger, The clock ticks   Conditions  (state = 2) && isRound && (secondsLeft = 120) or (secondsLeft = 60)  its like (secondsLeft = 360) or (secondsLeft = 240) or (secondsLeft = 120) depends on how long your blind are

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 05:10:49 PM »
These are definitely good workarounds, but I don't think any will do exactly what you want (although they could be good enough).  Maybe I can add a layout token to do this.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »
These are definitely good workarounds, but I don't think any will do exactly what you want (although they could be good enough).  Maybe I can add a layout token to do this.
I'm all for that, good ideal Corey