Author Topic: Database Players  (Read 2083 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Database Players
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »
I think I posted about this before but is it possible to include a way of finding out which players in my DB have participated in tournaments? I often end up with players who reserve and don't show...ever. These names bloat the DB for no reason. I know that the db would have to load every tournament played in order to do this so I was thinking more of TD doing an x=x+1 where X is a completed tournament. When the tournament hits hte Game Over state TD would write to the notes of that player and do the x=x+1 and this could be displayed in a column on the DB tab. An option to edit this number could be included from the Edit Player option.
Thanks

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Database Players
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
And maybe add the date of the last tournament played to the info too

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
Sounds like a different aspect of searching on the Database tab.  It could be done.

I know that the db would have to load every tournament played ...

True, but how often would you really run this?  Once a month?

A little more tricky.  I'll have to look into it.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »
If you were able to implement a system where once the tournament is completed (Game Over) TD writes automatically to the file of each player in the tournament and would use the formula x=x+1. You wouldn't have to run anything extra from within TD. If a player is not in the DB it TD would ignore it.
An issue I can see is if I have to open a completed tournament to merge a player into the DB. TD would not write to the players file. It would have to be the moment it entered the Game Over state. If merging a player or adding a player after the tourney is completed it would use the x=x+1 for the player only.

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:55:39 AM »

This Option would be really usefull for me too !!!!