Author Topic: Possible Glitch?  (Read 2596 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Possible Glitch?
« on: June 05, 2010, 11:29:54 AM »
After going through and getting some players entered into TD Database, I had the program sorting by the ID # that I issued out (eg, Mine is MIKEB001), but when I entered in more people, it would not stay in the order that I wanted it - so I could tell if I was issuing the same ID #.  If I sorted by name, it would stay in alpha order, just made it a bit more tedious to check IDs.

Also, is it possible to have TD check if the ID# has already been issued out? I know it checks for the name (as it popped up with a message when I tried to reenter a person by mistake)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
So you're saying it doesn't sort by ID properly?  I'll have to look into that.

Preferences tab -> Database section -> Warn if player ID exists

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 01:35:33 PM »
Box is checked, and I was not warned.... Am playing with TD right now trying to get something else to work, but I will test out another ID as a sample and see if it warns... will post reply in about 2 minutes tops
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 01:40:16 PM »
Ok, I added a fictional name, Mike Bower, so that I could make the IDs be the same: MIKEB001

It did not warn, and ensured that the box is checked.  I know with the non-beta version it did warn me when that kind of error happened.  Attached is a screenshot to show that the box is checked and that the ID is the same
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
Appears to me to be broken.  I think it's broken in 2.5.11, too, but I need to dig a little more to be sure.

Looks like sorting by ID is broken, too.  In a really odd way.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Will fix for 2.6 beta 2.