Author Topic: RE: Formula to Show 1st Place Earnings  (Read 1539 times)

DaveBullets

• View Profile
RE: Formula to Show 1st Place Earnings
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:26:06 AM »
Under the events tab, I was able to come up with triggers (I used the trigger "when a player busts out") to display a text message showing how much money each player won after they bust out of a tournament.  I used the tokens: hitman, name, and winnings.  But I am unsuccessful in coming up with a trigger for the 1st place finisher. 

What formula, tokens, etc. should I use to trigger a message displaying text showing the total money (including bounties, etc.) won by the 1st place finisher of the tournament? 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Formula to Show 1st Place Earnings
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:38 AM »
Since the first place finisher doesn't bust-out, there's really no way to display that amount using the events feature.  Off the top of my head, I would suggest creating a new screen that displays when the tournament is over, and have that screen display the amount the first place finisher won (using the <prizes> token).

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 03:45:58 AM »
That's a great suggestion; however, I don't think it will show the total amount (including bounties, etc.) for the first place finisher.  Is there another way to tackle this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:43:21 AM »
You could always go to the Player Rankings screen after the tournament.  You can change which columns are displayed, so you could include the player's total winnings.  Or use the <rankings> token on a screen of your own.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 04:51:57 AM »
That works.  Thanks Corey.