Author Topic: Layout tutorial  (Read 4534 times)

Bojan1983

• View Profile
Layout tutorial
« on: July 13, 2007, 06:39:21 AM »
Is there some kind of documentation or tutorial of how to make layout?

Those few TD has by default look really cheap, and makes TD somehow much underestimated...  So, I want to make my own layout but I dont have a clue where to start... I figured out how to modify default one, but thats it...
Proud owner of TD licence :)

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Layout tutorial
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 06:15:17 PM »
I hate to say it, but you are right... the only problem is, who is a graphics artist that can custom make the backdrops, because that is all you are really talking about when you say cheap... its the generic colors and such...  and who has the money to buy photoshop? its like a thousand dollars and complex as crap to figure out... the best way, I would think, is to google a background... here is an example: click here

and then put in some searchs to narrow down something that you are looking for, or just browse till you find the right one

as for a tutorial, that would be nice to have but I'll betcha that corey has a life too and so it would be up to someone that uses TD a lot to step up and volunteer to make one!

Bojan1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 05:48:59 AM »
Corey, is there some kind of future plan to make some documentation or tutorial about making a layout? Maybe you could get somebody to do it in exchange for free licence or something like that?...

I would really like to create my own, but dont have a clue how to start...
Proud owner of TD licence :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 12:54:36 PM »
There is documentation on layouts, right there in the user manual included with the software.  But there is no tutorial.  Frankly, I don't know how good of a tutorial I could write.

CHaBou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:25:22 AM »
Features of Layout Maker are really powerful and so easy to use.
You just need to know what informations you want on the layout. And when you'll know how to dispose them, after only few minutes, your layout will be done.

But no tutorial could teach you what you want  ;)

For me, it was not few minutes but an afternoon. It was because I couldn't decide me. Not because of the diffculty of the software :)

If you have any questions about the layout, we'll be happy to help you ;)

It762

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 05:54:22 AM »
An alternative to photoshop is "paint.net" it's freeware and has a lot of features like stamp, clones etc.