Author Topic: Undo Bust Out  (Read 3691 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Undo Bust Out
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:12:14 PM »
A few questions about Undo Bust out in tracking mode...
#1 - When I click on Undo Bust Out, can I have a sort feature on the dialog box to allow me to sort by either alphabetical order or rank (or time) busted out. I have already busted out a player by accident and had to search through the History button on the game tab to remember the name I just busted. (memory issues).
#2 - When I finally find the name I just busted and undo the bust, TD will choose any seat at random amongst the open seats and try to place him there. I have to click Dont move then manually drag his name to the table and seat he/she is actually in. Can TD remember the seat he was in at bust-out and automatically place him in that seat? If the seat has been filled by TD allow me to enter a table number and seat number. Or, on the tables tab, have a list along the side (under unseated players) of "Busted Players" with the list there and allow me to drag/drop to the appropriate seat?
A receipts question now...
Can I have a receipt template for re-buys (this would be used when I allow my players only one re-buy and not unlimited)?
And while I am on the subject of re-buys, my club has one tournament with unlimited re-buys, and both times we have had 100 players and each time had over 200 rebuys. Can I have an option (when in tracking mode) to simply add a number of re-buys (and add-ons too) without having to re-buy individual players?
Thanks,
Jody
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:35:47 PM by jodybingo »

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Undo Bust Out
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:55:35 PM »
Jody, this happens alot to me i use F3 Player Ranking  i can see who as just went out click name undo bust seems to work,,, I use a hidden tdbutton on the main page set to the Ranking Screen

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:37:05 PM »
I prefer not using the player ranking screen as it shows up on the game window and not settings window

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 09:18:17 AM »
a simple way to figure it out would be to have bust out time selected as a columb in your players tab, click players, then click bust out time to order by that columb and then you have the order of bust outs as entered.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »
Post Tournament ( RANKING ) its work too

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 11:03:33 AM »
A few questions about Undo Bust out in tracking mode...
#1 - When I click on Undo Bust Out, can I have a sort feature on the dialog box to allow me to sort by either alphabetical order or rank (or time) busted out. I have already busted out a player by accident and had to search through the History button on the game tab to remember the name I just busted. (memory issues).

I could see adding a "Rank" column here.  I'll put it on the list.

#2 - When I finally find the name I just busted and undo the bust, TD will choose any seat at random amongst the open seats and try to place him there. I have to click Dont move then manually drag his name to the table and seat he/she is actually in. Can TD remember the seat he was in at bust-out and automatically place him in that seat? If the seat has been filled by TD allow me to enter a table number and seat number. Or, on the tables tab, have a list along the side (under unseated players) of "Busted Players" with the list there and allow me to drag/drop to the appropriate seat?

I like the idea of remembering the player's last seat (this has been mentioned before but I think has gotten lost in the onslaught of other feature requests).  But this can get complicated pretty quickly.  We would probably have to ask the user if they want to balance the seating, seat the player in their previous seat, or manually seat the player.  If someone is already in the player's last seat, what do we do?  Allow the user to choose a seat or take the user to the Tables tab so the player can be manually seated?  If we give the user a way to choose a seat, how do we do that?  You mentioned "Table number and seat number", but really it's "Table name and seat number", so we can't just have two free-form inputs.  We could have two select lists (drop-downs) side-by-side to do this.  What happens when the user seats the player but the tables are unbalanced?  Do we immediately try to rebalance the tables?  This gets seriously more complicated if the user undoes more than one bust-out at once.

A receipts question now...
Can I have a receipt template for re-buys (this would be used when I allow my players only one re-buy and not unlimited)?

There is only one receipt template now, so adding one for a specific purpose would mean more than just a little work.  Why do you need an additional template?

And while I am on the subject of re-buys, my club has one tournament with unlimited re-buys, and both times we have had 100 players and each time had over 200 rebuys. Can I have an option (when in tracking mode) to simply add a number of re-buys (and add-ons too) without having to re-buy individual players?
Thanks,
Jody

Do you mean a dialog that allows you to specify the number of add-ons/rebuys you are purchasing for each player (as in, specifying 3 add-ons for this guy, 2 rebuys for that guy), or are you wanting to be able to say "Purchase 20 rebuys" generically, without specifying who actually purchased them?

The request to be able to buy-in, rebuy, and add-on all at once (and specify numbers for the add-ons and rebuys) has been made, and is in for consideration already.  But I have to ask, do you allow players to rebuy multiple times at once?  For example, if your tournament allows unlimited rebuys, can a player purchase 3 rebuys at the same time and get 3x the chips all at once?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »
Item #1...No discussion needed.
Item #2...Upon selecting a player to re-introduce, present a dialog box with his last table/seat number already entered and the user being prompted to accept. If somebody else is already seated there TD could present a warning stating that a player is currently seated there and leave the player unseated. To be honest, I prefer having a sortable list of busted players on the tables tab under the Unseated list. Then we could just drag and drop the player to where we needed without going from tab to taqb to see which seats are available to move any player.
Item #3...At this time, TD is printing a receipt when a player re-buys with little information on the receipt. Either a receipt with the re-buy info or maybe an option to not print when re-buys/add-ons are purchased.
Item#4...Players in our unlimited re-buy can purchase a re-buy when they take their seat and double re-buy if they bust. Our first unlimited re-buy saw 3 players take 15 re-buys each and with the speed of the re-buys coming in, it was impossible to record who took how many re-buys. A generic button to add re-buys/add-ons to the prize pool would be ideal.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »
Item #1...No discussion needed.
Item #2...Upon selecting a player to re-introduce, present a dialog box with his last table/seat number already entered and the user being prompted to accept. If somebody else is already seated there TD could present a warning stating that a player is currently seated there and leave the player unseated. To be honest, I prefer having a sortable list of busted players on the tables tab under the Unseated list. Then we could just drag and drop the player to where we needed without going from tab to taqb to see which seats are available to move any player.

Well technically you have this already.  If you simply decline to have the TD seat the player upon undoing his/her bust-out, the player will then be in the Unseated list on the Tables tab.  The list is sorted is only the player names, however, and thus is sorted by name.

I like the idea of being able to reseat at the player's last seat.  I'll explore that after 2.6 goes out.

Item #3...At this time, TD is printing a receipt when a player re-buys with little information on the receipt. Either a receipt with the re-buy info or maybe an option to not print when re-buys/add-ons are purchased.

The option to select which actions generate receipts sounds like a good idea to me, and shouldn't be too difficult to implement.  But what information is necessary on the receipt (per your comment "with little information on the receipt")?

Item#4...Players in our unlimited re-buy can purchase a re-buy when they take their seat and double re-buy if they bust. Our first unlimited re-buy saw 3 players take 15 re-buys each and with the speed of the re-buys coming in, it was impossible to record who took how many re-buys. A generic button to add re-buys/add-ons to the prize pool would be ideal.

Unfortunately there simply is not a way, when tracking players, to record add-ons or rebuys without specifying the player.  The underlying data structures just don't work that way - they have to be associated with a player.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »
I had a workaround, albeit a pretty big one to adding re-buys. After I determined how many re-buys were purchased, I replaced the <rebuys> token with the number of re-buys taken, modified the chip count and then added an amount to the house contribution. This worked, but had some effort involved. And actually, if I could have an option to assign a number of rebuys to a single person, this would also work. 200 re-buys to one person  (cuz he was a donkey!!)
As for the receipt for re-buys, I haven't taken the time but it is possible that the re-buy info is not in the receipt template.
And for the "unseated list". I am aware and use this. But as we all are lazy because we do our work on computers and not by hand anymore, I wanted to take my laziness to the next level and not have to go from tab to tab. If the list of my busted players was on my tables tab I could stay on there all night long.
Jody
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:19:45 PM by jodybingo »