Author Topic: Seating Chart Screen & Tables Token  (Read 2454 times)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Seating Chart Screen & Tables Token
« on: September 15, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »
Hi Corey,

Couple of ideas I think would be great would be to overhaul the seating chart screen.  If running large tournaments, displaying the seating chart in list mode using multiple columbs you eventually reach a point where the page will start scrolling up and down, would it be possible to have TD goto rotating pages instead?  Another thought was as it was rotating through the pages it could also show a floorplan of the cardroom, depicting where all the table numbers are situated.

Another item I like to use is the tables token (optimally balanced) would it be possible to have a simpler token (eg tablesInUSe) that simply displays a cumulative total of tables that are actively being used at the current time, for example this would allow this to be displayed to players as 24 players remaining on 3 tables, obviously it would need to omit tables that are set-up on the tables tab but are empty.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Seating Chart Screen & Tables Token
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »
And to expand upon that, unless I don't know where to look for this, The player rankings screen too. Perhaps a way to turn off the auto scroll would even work.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
Hi Corey,

Couple of ideas I think would be great would be to overhaul the seating chart screen.  If running large tournaments, displaying the seating chart in list mode using multiple columbs you eventually reach a point where the page will start scrolling up and down, would it be possible to have TD goto rotating pages instead?  Another thought was as it was rotating through the pages it could also show a floorplan of the cardroom, depicting where all the table numbers are situated.

Not a bad idea.  I'll put it down on my infamous to-do list.

Another item I like to use is the tables token (optimally balanced) would it be possible to have a simpler token (eg tablesInUSe) that simply displays a cumulative total of tables that are actively being used at the current time, for example this would allow this to be displayed to players as 24 players remaining on 3 tables, obviously it would need to omit tables that are set-up on the tables tab but are empty.

Regards
Stuart

<players> players left on <expression text="tablesLeft" format="number" precision="0"> tables

The only problem with this is that while busting a player out (or rebuying a player, or buying a new player into the tournament, etc) causes the internal state of the tournament to change, balancing the tables doesn't.  Or, more accurately, it doesn't trigger an internal state update.  So, when you bust a player out then the tables are consolidated (and 1 table removed), this won't update until the next time something significant happens, like busting another player out (or the Tournament screen changes).  However, you can initiate an update of the Tournament screen (as well as an internal state update) by pressing F2.

While the lag bug existed in 2.6, I was optimizing everywhere I could, so state updates and screen updates were skipped where possible.  Now that the bug is gone, I can probably fix this.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »
And to expand upon that, unless I don't know where to look for this, The player rankings screen too. Perhaps a way to turn off the auto scroll would even work.

You can turn the auto-scroll off by right-clicking on the screen and selecting "Don't Auto Scroll".  It's not saved as a preference, so it will only remain disabled while the TD is running.  You'll have to disable it again next time you start the TD.  Maybe they should be added as preferences?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 11:41:50 AM »
<players> players left on <expression text="tablesLeft" format="number" precision="0"> tables

Or easier (I knew I had already done this):

<players> players left on <numberoftables> tables

This one does update properly, for all actions.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »
Corey,

I was trying this today, but don't think it is possible.

In the Seating Chart Properties I tried to add the token <entries> to the header so it was like this:

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 28pt; font-weight: bold; color: #ffff80; '>SEATING POSITIONS - Ordered by Surname - <Entries> Entries</td></tr></table>

but alas no worky - not a big one just a thought to make the seating chart more informative.

Stu
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »
Yeah, the built-in screens are specialized and don't process layout tokens.  Sorry if I gave the impression that they did.