Author Topic: Display management  (Read 798 times)

morf46

• View Profile
Display management
« on: May 30, 2018, 02:50:01 PM »
I am using my laptop as the "settings" screen and have extended my display to another screen to show the tournament.  This works great, EXCEPT that the hotkeys do not work.  For example, if I hit "X" to bust a player out....nothing happens - regardless of which screen my cursor is on.  There is no other way that I could find to do this outside of the hotkeys.  Note, I have "extended" my display via windows and I have the setting screen on my main display and the tournament screen on the extended display.

UPDATE:  I just discovered that if I close the settings dialog on the main display and then hit "x" (or any other hotkey) then the hotkey works.  However, I was counting on having the settings dialog open all the time.  Any pointers?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Display management
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:41:56 PM »
Hotkeys can be used from the Settings window or the Game window.  But the application doesn't allow hotkeys that could interfere with user input.  So, if you're working on the Game tab, for example, which has a bunch of inputs, hotkeys don't work.  It would be rather inconvenient, for example, if you were trying to change the tournament description and every time you pressed the "b" key the application opened the Add-on Players dialog.

You can change this, however.  On the Preferences tab, select the Behavior category.  Then check the box next to "Allow hotkeys on all Settings tabs that do not have inputs".  It's a good 25 or so checkboxes down.  This will allow Hotkeys on most tabs.

One other thing: certain hotkeys that won't interfere with inputs: keys F1 through F12 and ESC, can be used from either the Settings or Game window, regardless of this setting, and regardless if there are inputs on the tab or not.  If you want the most flexibility, assign your most important hotkeys to these keys.