Author Topic: old way of displaying long prize lists  (Read 4262 times)

_Hithere_

• View Profile
old way of displaying long prize lists
« on: March 17, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »
The old version of TD would display a window flashing between the first few prizes and the last few if there were more prizes than the max for display.  This was the default.  Is there any way to make 2.0 do the same thing?  It just never displays the last couple of prizes in my list, and I can't find an option for it.

Thanks,

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: old way of displaying long prize lists
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 04:45:30 PM »
No, there is no way to have it alternate the prize list.  This could certainly be done, so I'm going to put it on the to-do list.

However, the <prizes> token does take a "max" attribute that will limit how many are displayed.  By default max is 0, which means don't limit it.  I think one of the included layouts may have it maxed at 4, so maybe that's what you are seeing...

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 11:00:29 PM »
The Max field is still there, but it used to (old version) show the remaining lines of the field like an automatic banner.  I had hoped I could insert an html tag or something to get this function back.  I am also interested in getting that field and a field for the seating diagram to scroll, which would serve the same purpose.

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 01:50:09 AM »
Solved this one myself finally, but I thought I'd put the word out in case anyone else has the same issue with wanting more data in a field than will fit.
Using the <marquee> tag in the html part of any large field opens a bunch of scrolling options.  I do vertical scrolling of my prizes field and seating chart right on the TD display.  It's not perfect, but it's a good way to display more information than the tournament page real estate you want to invest.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 11:01:04 AM »
How do you "marquee" the seating chart?  Does it scroll each table?  What is the token for that?

Could you present your html code to do what you are saying?  I like the scroll prizes function.  Could you present your html code for how you do that as well?

By "any large field" do you mean any large cell?

Thanks - good catch on using marquee.

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 12:12:41 PM »
By any large field, I mean any cell of any size that you want to display a large amount of data in.

My code for scrolling prizes cell:

<u>Prizes</u><br><marquee direction=up scrollamount=1 width=320 height=235><center><prizes orient="vertical" showAmounts="true" roundOff="true" showPoints="false" roundOffPoints="false" showRecipients="false"></center></marquee>

Note:  If you want to avoid the large blank area repeating on your display all the time, you ans apply multiple instances of the prizes tag in your marquee.  (If you put it in 5 times, then it rolls without spacing 5 times between each blank screen)
Also remember to set the max in the prizes peoperties to as high as your total number of prizes.

1 example of my code for seating chart display:

<marquee width=220 behavior=alternate scrollamount=1><seatingchart format="diagram" showEmptyTables="false" columns="2" showChipCounts="false"></marquee>

I have several of these customized for the different number of players that would represent different numbers of tables.  I couldn't get the conditional display based on number of tables to work, so when it transitions down in tables, the display looks off for a few seconds, then it stabilizes.  You shouldn't have any problem if you just use this and leave it on the one setting.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
Also remember to set the max in the prizes peoperties to as high as your total number of prizes.

Or set max="0", which means "as many prizes as you have".