Author Topic: TIme Played  (Read 1037 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
TIme Played
« on: December 02, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
I haven't noticed, but when I do Stats and have Time Played displayed as one of the columns is this calculation equal to the difference between Tournament Time Start and Elimination? Or does it also deduct any time the clock has been on pause?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TIme Played
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »
It's tournament start time or buy-in time subtracted from the elimination time or tournament end time, in general.  More specifically, if the player bought-in and busted out multiple times, it will be the sum of the buy-in times subtracted from the bust-out times.

Clock pause times are not taken into account.  I believe at the time I coded this, I considered many different factors, including adding up the time in the rounds from the start of the tournament to the round the player busted out, but that wouldn't be accurate either, since the software doesn't necessarily know (or record, rather) when a round starts, so determining exactly how far into a round the player busted out is difficult to impossible.  Further, you can always skip rounds, go back and replay a round, change the schedule during a tournament, pause the clock, reset the clock, manually set the clock, etc, etc, etc, etc.  It becomes a nightmare of coding and a plethora of inaccuracies.  Consider Playing Time a fair guess, and know that everyone's playing time is at least equally accurate (or inaccurate).