Author Topic: display time until the end of a particular round?  (Read 1118 times)

tandemrx

• View Profile
display time until the end of a particular round?
« on: January 08, 2008, 03:38:44 AM »
I have added a <rebuytimeleft> token to my layout, but it ends up being a bit confusing because I have a short 5-minute break right after the round when rebuys /add-ons are no longer allowed.

Since the <rebuytimeleft> token displays the time until the start of the next round it also includes that break time and, it throws some people off because the game clock will show say 15 minutes until the end of round 4, but the <rebuytimeleft> token will say 20 minutes.

I understand that the end of the rebuy really occurs at the start of the next round and it makes sense for that token to display it this way, it doesn't quite work for my tourneys, because I have a chip count criteria for whether or not someone can add-on (must have below a certain number of chips).  So, players need to know when they need to coordinate last plays in order to be over/under that chip count.

by seeing the extra 5 minutes on the rebuytimeleft token, it throws them off some.

Any way to display the time till the end of a specific round that I could include instead of the <rebuytimeleft> token?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: display time until the end of a particular round?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »
The <rebuytimeleft> and <addontimeleft> tokens now have (as of 2.5 beta 2 I think) an "includeBreaks" attribute that allows you to NOT include the time for breaks following the "last round" for rebuys/add-ons.